Sat, Oct 5, 10:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 9:59 am)

Subject: Please, Where Can I Get A Decent Bird (Swan!) From?

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 11:43 AM ยท edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 8:21 AM

I hope someone can help out with this. I purchased Noggins Swan from DAZ and while the model is mostly fine the featherless creature renders like a plastic fairground duck. Tried all sorts of lighting in Posers 4 and 5. Tried it too in VUE4.2, all to no avail. I will even settle for some decent textures.

neftis ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 11:57 AM

Daz 3d have a very nice one.

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 11:59 AM

The DAZ 3d one is the one that isn't texturing decently for me. Thanks anyway.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 12:26 PM

Does it look better in the DAZ previews? I assume so or you wouldn't have bought it, so perhaps if you post a small picture of how it's coming out on your system someone will have a suggestion on improving it.

Ailarchendil ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 12:31 PM

Noggin does have a texture for the swan available in Free Stuff.

Vista Internet Productions also has a swan figure.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 12:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3dmenagerie.com

bloodsong has a freebie at http://www.3dmenagerie.com

ronstuff ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 2:34 PM

The Poser Swan by Noggin that you already have is shipped with SEVERAL textures - you only have to apply them using the included MAT/MOR poses which will be found in your pose library>!Swan MATMOR folder. I think its a great model and poses very well. If you are exporting to other apps for rendering, you may have to move the actual texture seperately which is located in your RuntimeTexturesNoggin folder

sandoppe ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 10:37 PM

Yup....if you don't apply the MATS, virtually all models render like plastic ducks :)

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2003 at 3:52 AM

Thanks to all above for the assistance. I will check out the info provided. Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.