Fri, Sep 20, 4:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:25 pm)

Subject: intriguing comment on daz3d main page

pobble ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 1:25 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:30 PM

Did anyone else notice the last sentence under "Meet the Freak" in the Daz headlines section??? Something about keeping an eye out next week as a big surprise is heading our way !!???!!! Could it be .... ???

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 1:52 AM

The millennium whale? Yeah I think so..

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

nornaddict ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 2:13 AM

nope they've decided to release a Freakazoid morph texture & clothing set for M3 ;)

DarkElegance ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 2:23 AM

~nearly chokes on her coffee and busts out laughing at the whale comment~

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

PabloS ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 6:09 AM

not a millennium sphere to complement the cube?

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 7:00 AM

Why does everything "millennium" have to be a living creature? I'd like to see the Millennium Puddle. You know, a liquid with varying color options that can morph into different shapes. Like a water fall, a drip, a drop, a spray, a splat, a spurt. And of course, a puddle.

Grey_cat ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 7:08 AM

DAZ Studio

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 7:17 AM

Come to think of it, DAZ Studio would be a much nicer surprise than the Millennium Puddle.

nornaddict ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 7:30 AM

Daz Studio would be the biggest surprise they could spring on us & the most welcome, not that anything they release is ever unwelcome.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 8:22 AM

... /me looks about to left and right, to make sure no one from DAZ is looking... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... it's the new morph package for the Millenium Cube! 700 new and exciting shapes, ranging from a complete 1:1 scale reconstruction of RMS Titanic to a complete topographic map of Zimbabwe, and of course, a new extremely hi-poly sword for Vicky! Now don't y'all go telling everyone! /P

Caly ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 8:30 AM

lol Ugh that was bad... :D

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 9:07 AM
Online Now!

Do you think it might be what Steve was talking about? The new package of stuff for people who renew their Platinum Club memberships?

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 9:41 AM

....woof.... grrrrrr.... bark bark BARK. ....woof.... (woof) ...........(please)............

Simderella ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 10:12 AM

umm theres a pic, its that hulk like character for people who bought M3...

My Gallery

Simderella ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 10:14 AM

oh .. well just re-read it... maybe not.. LOL.. i should read things slower... hehehe Hmmm wondering now...

My Gallery

Scathdebas ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 10:45 AM

what is Millenium Cube -- I keep seeing references, but I have never seen one for sale?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 11:04 AM

Got a touch of rabies there, pdxjims? Or are you rehearsing for your Halloween werewolf costume? ;0) As much as I'd like a Millenium Dog, I'd settle for Daz Studio to be released first. Been almost a year of waiting. The MD will be very difficult to accomplish well. Unlike our feline fiends (not a typo), dogs comes in more sizes and shapes than almost any other mammal. Must be able to go from the Pekinese to a St. Bernard, from a greyhound to a dachshund. Plus, you have hairless, short-haired, curly-haired, and, who knows how it will be done, long-haired dogs. That's some complicated morphing and texturing to handle. Millenium Cube = April Fools release. Supposedly morphs into almost anything.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

brynna ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 11:06 AM

The Millenium Cube is a related release to the Millenium Sphere, which can be morphed into varying objects such as comets and stars. With the correct dial tweaks it can also be used as rings around a planet or, for that matter, around Vickie's left ring finger (provided Mike has the guts to pop the question).

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 11:24 AM

HMMM. There are THREE figures in the M3 Mystery Model silhouette. One could be a dog? The female figure is ???

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

DarkElegance ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 11:38 AM

the Millenium fairy?

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 11:55 AM

Actually, a Millennium Whale could be a useful and feasable thing. DAZ could have their whale unimesh, since the basic form is pretty much common to all species. You could morph the fins, eyes, and tail to represent scores of different whale types. There would be a "Baleen OFF" MAT pose for smaller species. The basic mesh could come with Orca, Blue Whale, and Sperm Whale MAT/MOR presets, other species could be separate products. The freebie of the week could be a "morphing water spout," or "Smart prop Narwhal horn," and the Platinum Club could feature an "Ahab" texture set for the M3 Pirate clothing , a barnacle prop, and "Giants of the Deep" undersea textures for the Cyclorama. Apologies to ernyoka1 for appropriating her idea for a rant. :-)

Caly ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 12:02 PM

Mmm Millenium Dolphin... ;)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 12:53 PM

mmmm. dreaming of whales. what with all the pirate and underwater stuff in platinum, that would actually be very cool.

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 1:22 PM

Scathdebas: the Millennium cube is awesome! You haven't seen it?!! It's the most perfect model DAZ has ever made I think....there were absolutely no bugs....it worked perfectly from the start without any need for an update. The morphing capabilities are "infinite"! Actually....it was sort of a joke free release :) Just a cube....nothing more :) I think they're going to release an M3 jock strap for that freak guy!! That would be a "big thing" I would guess :)

nornaddict ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 2:18 PM

The big surprise is they finally listened to us & gave Schlabber a job as their official pose creator ;)

nornaddict ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 2:18 PM

ps peng you're a very naughty boy ;) lol

bknoh ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 6:23 PM

Come on...let's dream big! A Millenium Stick! Morphs into full houses or complete trees and forests...can also be used with the dog for fetching. Diane

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 7:25 PM

Whales are mammals. They've found ancient whale bones in the Sahara showing vestigial feet, from long before the whales entered the oceans permanently. With that knowledge, a pretty sharp morphmeister could make a whale from the V3 unimesh. Whales are fairly popular, and one would make a nice addition to the Poser menagerie, especially since we've lost Mitch's site. A morphing whale would be even better. :) Carolly

pobble ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 12:50 AM

Could I get a "Baleen OFF" MAT pose for V3?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.