Fri, Sep 20, 2:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Odd Poser 5 question - lack of materials palette in library?

silverthornne ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 1:57 PM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 6:30 AM

First of all hello everyone, first post though I've been lurking around for a while.

I recently bought Poser 5 and I've noticed that for some reason my library is missing a "Materials" section. Now, I can actually choose materials from the menu when I click on a category and then click on the category name within it while it's displaying the folders (and I hope I'm making sense when describing it like this). But there is no main Materials category in my library. Anyone know a way to fix this or is it supposed to be like that? The manual does have photos of the library with that category in it though.

Btw, anyone know any links to or tips on dealing with improving performance in it? I have an Athlon XP1800 and 1 gigabyte of PC2700 RAM and this program is very slow, especially when rendering. I'm going to change the processor to a 2400+ because they're pretty cheap, but there's still got to be a way to make it run better than the way it does.

silverthornne ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 2:03 PM

NM - it's only available from the Materials room. That makes sense :p. Anyway, still looking for tips on how to speed up the performance in it, especially rendering! :)

nornaddict ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 2:23 PM

The best way to speed up the Materials room is use the lowest amount of lights possible, stick to the standard 3 that poser loads or just have a single white light set to 100% oh & turn off the previews by clicking on the eye in the corner of each node

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 4:49 PM

Make sure you have all updates installed. It makes a HUGE difference in stability and speed.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 8:55 PM

Since you have plenty of memory, I'd recommend increasing the bucket size (in Render Options) to at least 64 or 128, rather than the default of 32. This may speed up your renders, and will almost certainly speed up shadow-map calculations.

silverthornne ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 9:14 PM

Thanks for the tips guys! Especially the one to increase the bucket size, Little Dragon! Much more acceptable now :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.