Tue, Oct 22, 12:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Mil Teeth.....It's got to be the Dumbest thing I ever bought!

genny ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 2:02 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:54 AM

I was sitting here, looking thru all my files trying to find something that I know I have, and I ran across the "Mil-Teeth". I don't know why I bought it, I don't know how I will ever use it, and I was curious to see what someone else may have bought and found to be totally useless in what-ever projects they may be creating? Of course, someday, these Mil teeth may come in handy (just like all the stuff in the attic that I have been saving) so who knows? genny

Turtle ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 2:05 PM

hahahahahaha :O) You get the Prize you made me Laugh.

Love is Grandchildren.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 2:07 PM

AFAIK, the Millennium teeth are fitted as standard to V3 and M3. They are better modelled and provide more morph capabilities than the standard Mike/Victoria/Steph teeth. You can parent 'em to the inside of Vicky's (or the other figures) gob, make their own teeth transparent and have hours (well, maybe seconds) of orthodontic fun. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 2:10 PM

You could also make a key prop and a pair of cartoon feet to attach to the teeth, and make one of those "ever-so-amusing" jumping clockwork teeth toys that some annoying tosser in the office has on their desk. In fact, you could do the same with Mike 3's wedding tackle for even greater hilarity.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

OneShot ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 2:16 PM

I have them on my to buy list. But I also have them on a low priority. They would be great for some creature/monster or even a picture of a toothless Hillbilly. But don't feel strange I've have items that I lusted after and brought and never used! 1-555-Poseroholic or 1-999-DAZoholic. Call immediately!

genny ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 2:37 PM

SamTherapy.......when I bought them...V3 and M3 did Not exist? It just still, makes me laugh.....I have them, they are there, and since I am not a modeler.......I don't know how I could make them into a "teeth" toy.(: OneShot.......if you want to make a "toothless" hilbilly, why would you need the teeth? LOL! genny

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 3:14 PM

file_79159.jpg

One nice thing about having them, the textures fit V3 and M3. Those bad teeth/bad gum textures will come in handy for a Halloween project I'm working on.

eric501 ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 3:42 PM

I keep wondering why I bought them too. I've tried to use them but you really have to get up close to see any difference. I always had an idea of doing a set of vampire dentures in a glass with a caption of "Even the undead need to floss" or something or other. Maybe I'll do that for the holidays. Who knows.

Gini ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 4:06 PM

I've got a folder called 'Bad Buys' where all my mistake purchases live. My mil teeth are still in my Runtime but now that you've reminded me of them into the Bad Buys folder they go. I used them once. I've got LOADS of stuff in that folder.....hair , clothing, its scary. I wouldn't like to add up the cost. Shame we all couldn't do a 'bring and buy' with all our mistakes.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 4:43 PM

Gini, If you manage to use something once, it isn't really a bad buy. (I suspect that we all have something in the closet that was totally unusable.) Those teeth could possibly be fit to dogs or aliens... or maybe used on a wanted poster as in "take a bite out of crime" chomping down on some shoplifter's fingers? I'm reminded of a virtual white elephant party where we all bring a cleverly wrapped package (I can see a newspaper texture on a rhino, for example), except that we can't even give this stuff away. :sniff: I was fortunate the last time I attended a white elepahnt party. I brought home a potato clock. The guy who got the envelope saying "the mattress is in the garage" did not fare nearly so well. ;) Carolly

Gini ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 4:50 PM

hauksdottir, What on earth is a potato clock ? ( oh hang on, I think I've got one in my Bad Buys folder somewhere........)

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 4:58 PM

OMG! A potatoe clock??!!!! Have you got a picture? I want to model one! Is it a clock that looks like a potatoe, or one that actually uses a potatoe with a couple of electrodes for power? Oh my! What a neat thing to have! And I'm not jocking about wanting to model one. I've got an idea (wicked, EVIL grin). And I am originally from Indiana, so in honor of our Native son, the idiot Vive President under Bush Senior, I intentionally misspelled the word. BTW, has anyone noticed how easy it is to mold M3 into old Danny boy?

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 8:42 PM

Jim, I'm not sure that I still have it (it's the sort of thing which gets buried DEEEEEP in the cupboards). I'll see what I can do, though. Basically it is a simple clock in the middle with electrodes. There are cups on either side of the clock and rather behind it. You can stick anything which is slightly acidic in the cups. Potato halves or lemon halves or whathalve you ;^) but I think they need to be the same type (potatoes on both ends) for the voltage to work correctly. I remember testing it and, yes, it did work as advertised. Dratskies! I don't have time to go rummaging and it is going to haunt me until I uncover it and drag it back into daylight. Hmm... I'm almost afraid of your evil ideas, but will aid and abet if possible. Carolly

lhiannan ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 8:56 PM

The Mil Teeth certainly aren't an every-render item, but they do have their uses...

Skin Deep

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 11:43 PM

I almost got them for judy. Judy has a set of teeth but there's no way to control them right. But alas, I decided to buy a triple espresso instead.

Roy G ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2003 at 2:53 AM

file_79160.jpg

Well I have fun with them.

Darth_Wookie ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2003 at 6:03 AM

file_79161.jpg

The milli teeth have been useful to me, It made me able to capture the perfect look I wanted for my darth Maul character for Michael.

genny ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2003 at 7:53 AM

Great Pictures, guys.....that toonfishy really cracked me up! genny

Silke ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2003 at 2:41 PM

ROFL I love the fish! I bought them too, I didn't put them into my new poser 5 install..... but seeing that fish..... Damn you, Roy G! LOL

Silke

sandoppe ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2003 at 10:57 PM

I saw them when I first became a DAZ member and wondered who the hell would ever buy those!! Now I know :) Actually.....seeing that fish makes me think maybe I should add them to the ever growing wishlist! :)

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 6:34 AM

file_79162.jpg

Here's a couple more for you. Poor Dina couldn't stand being in the same pic with Dina Z. She lost part of her hips.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 12:17 PM

Can you use the Millennium Teeth in the DAZ skeleton? Skulls just don't look right without teeth, darn it!

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 2:17 PM

file_79163.jpg

What's wrong with my teeth?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.