Sun, Oct 6, 10:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Poser Runtime .obj file problems in Vue 4.2

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 06 October 2003 at 9:35 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:34 AM

Please note: I am a total newbie in Vue. The software arrived in my mail last Saturday.

After installing the program, and upgrading it to v4.2beta, I have been able to import P5 files into Vue. However, one little difficulty has popped up:

As you know, Poser 5 allows for multiple runtimes -- and I have created multiple runtimes on disks other than the default Poser 5 program disk (my C: drive).

This fact has led to a problem when importing P5 .pz3's into Vue. If any objects in the Poser scene happen to require an .obj geometry file, an .obj file located in a runtime other than the default P5 directory; then Vue cannot find the .obj files. The .pz3 will still import successfully, but incomplete, without all of the objects.

Thus far, the only solution that I have found for this problem is to copy the necessary .obj geometry files into the default P5 Runtime/geometries directory. While this works, I would much prefer it if Vue could locate all of the geometry files, regardless of the Runtime directory location on my PC.

Please let me know if any of you Vue vetrans/experts have an alternative solution......

Or, perhaps, the final 4.2 upgrade will address this problem.

Thanks.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

lululee ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 9:49 AM

There is a thread somewhere in here, I can't seem to locate it right now. If you are using Poser5 the .obj file has to be in the Poser5 .Geometry directory for props to come in properly.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 8:31 PM

Thanks for the reply - I will search for the thread that you mentioned.

Too bad. It would be better to NOT have to copy all .obj files into the default P5 geometries directory.

That's life........

Thanks again.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.