Mon, Sep 23, 10:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Any hotel hallways (preferably the very old style)

ShadowWind ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 7:41 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 10:30 AM

Out there?? Or is it something anyone is considering?

ShadowWind

ShadowWind ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 7:52 PM

Can be any format really, Poser, obj, 3ds, just no max. When I say old, I mean something like the classic hollywood hotels of the 20's and 30's.

Dr Max ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2003 at 1:28 PM

I am considering creating my first product (.obj files) and I was considering a set of hallways. However, since I have not created anything before I would like help refining a product first to know whether it's something that would sell. Can you give me an idea of the look you are after - i.e. a photo or a url? Then I might be able to have a go ... Thanks, Max

ShadowWind ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2003 at 6:22 PM

Attached Link: http://www.melodief.com/ghosts/pictures/hallway_a.jpg

Well I couldn't find much on old hotel hallways on Google that have that perfect combination of class and eeriness. This one is the closest I could find. Some books might have more info on such things, haunted hotels specifically.

Hope this image helps...

cooler ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2003 at 6:50 PM

ShadowWind, you might want to google some stills from "The Shining". I seem to recall some dolly shots up & down the hallways when the boy was riding his bike.

Dr Max ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 7:13 AM

Right thanks for the example image - I'll have a go at doing something like this, then post the results. If you like the look of it I can send you the .obj file.

ShadowWind ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 12:08 PM

Thanks Dr. Max, look forward to seeing it. One point you might want to consider, a wide hallway, rather than a narrow one. Will make it easier to fit stuff (Poser people, props) in there. Also maybe make a section where you could extend another copy of that section to lengthen the hall to whatever size you need.

Cooler, thanks for the suggestions, I did look through the Shining stills I could find on the net, and most of the hallway shots were very basic design that got most of their eeriness from the action going on within them than the design of the hallway. Thanks anyway.

Dr Max ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 12:36 PM

ShadowWind, Hopefully you intend to render the hallway in a program that isn't Poser, since I have found Poser's rendering of 'normal' 3D files to be awful. Things can be improved with some preprocessing of the geometry (for example, splitting polygon groups and deleting 'blank' walls), but it's frustrating to have to do it. Do you intend to import the Poser figures in another 3D program for rendering or are you going to use Poser? Regards, Max

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 10:16 AM

Attached Link: McLean's Room Creator

This might take some texturing, but McLean has a room creator at Daz that has a lot of flexibility, and could be turned into a hallway without much trouble. I also saw in the Renderosity Marketplace a stairway (sorry, I can't remember whose but I think you could search on stairway and find it) that is for an old time house but looks very much like an old hotel interior.

Dr Max ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2003 at 2:17 PM

file_79193.jpg

Right, as promised I got some time together and had a go at making an old style corridor, as originally requested. Hopefully people like it. It's still missing some features such as light fittings and door handles, but I think it has that old-style feel. Feedback on what people like / don't like about the model would be useful, as I've said before I'm looking at creating some products based on room geometry.

Geometry is all mine (created by my own application), textures are from a third party commercial texture library and some textures that were given away on a magazine a while ago. Rendered in Cinema 4DXL, apologies about my poor taste in decor!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.