Sun, Oct 6, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Extreme Newbie Question...

jabbiati ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 8:35 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:10 AM

Hey all, Ordered Bryce 5 last week - should have it today! As I was admiring the arwork in the gallery, I saw a lot of pieces that said Bryce and Atmosphere/Mood or Bryce and Fantasy. What are Atmosphere/Mood and Fantasy? Add-ons I can purchase in the Marketplace? I searched it and couldn't find them. Thanks -- hope this isn't too stupid a question ;-) Jim

gregsin ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 8:56 AM

Hi jabbiati and welcome to renderosity. I think what your refering to is the catagory for the artwork. Fantasy is the type of image the artist deemed it to be, likewise with atmosphere/mood. Hope I didn't confuse you.

hyperborea ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 9:09 AM

Hi Jabbiati! There is no such thing as a stupid question :) Like Gregsin said it's a catagory that more or less selects the style the image is made in. Welcome on the best forum of the planet!! Willem and Madeleine

jabbiati ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 9:09 AM

Ahhhh, So 'tools used' then 'art catagory'. So I further assume when I see "Unknown" all over the place, it means an unknown "Catagory", not the fact that they can't remember what they tool they used in post processing...

electroglyph ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 9:47 AM

Yes, Unlike max or maya that charge thousands for the initial application then hundreds more for each effect Bryce comes with everything. The galleries are getting so popular that it is an 8 hour a day job just to keep up with posts. You can narrow the search by picking the application(such as bryce, poser) and a paticular category (such as fantasy, atmosphere, historical). Only the pictures with those checked will be displayed from the gallery.

amethyss ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 10:08 AM

Welcom!Looking forward to your posts of art too.

Painting: The art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather and exposing them to the critic_____website

jabbiati ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 10:17 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome! Ill be sure to post my first WIP!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 11:52 AM

As was said above there are no silly qwuestions but you generally don't realise that until you sort of know what you're doing and have asked loads of them. You will get lots of silly answers though. lol 8) Welcome to the forum and it definately is the best Bryce forum on the web. Catlin

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 2:09 PM

Welcome! And before you get to your next newbie question, I'll give you the answer. ::To get out of Bryce:: - Hit the mouse cursor at the top of the screen and a tool bar will magically appear which will allow you to close the app. Sorry if I ruined the fun, but its the first thing I remember not being able to figure out and I've seen it posted here by many other newbies too. :-D Enjoy! Angela

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 5:46 PM

Oooh, someone new! That's great, because I was getting really fed up with everyone else. Welcome Jabbiati, come in, take your shoes off and make yourself at home. Not only the best Bryce forum on the net, but the best forum here and the most talented Bryce artists anyhere, and the nicest bunch of people you could possibly meet. Phil

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 6:51 PM

Awe, thank you drawbridge............8)

jabbiati ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 8:01 PM

Thanks all!! I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions to ask since YES... BRYCE 5 WAS ON MY DOORSTEP TONIGHT! I'm a happy camper.... I'll read the manual tonite and start fiddling tomorrow!

amethyss ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 12:12 AM

Funny Ang25...that was one of my first mysteries.How the heck do you exit this.I thought that Bryce trapped me.My next was why can't I just click the status bar to go into another app.Well with XP it won't allow you. But on my Win98 you can .Also Jabbiati...use those little squares beside anything you place in the scene.M..E..They really make magic happen.

Painting: The art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather and exposing them to the critic_____website

hyperborea ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 3:54 AM

Jabbiati, if you realy want answers to your Bryce questions do yourself a favor and buy Susan Kitchens book "Real World Bryce" and lose the manual because you don't need it any more. The book is worth every penny and has the status of The Bryce Bible :) Go check it out!

jabbiati ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 7:39 AM

Kewl... I'll check that out, since the manual didn't impress me too much in it's completeness... Jim

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 1:34 PM

The manual suck's. I mainly learnt the basics by trial and error and when I eventually got Susan Kitchens book Bryce really began to open up for me. It really is worth getting and it has a lot of tips in it about working with 3D that are valid in higher end apps too. 8) Catlin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.