Tue, Sep 24, 3:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 2:15 pm)

Subject: A dumb newbie question...

El_Coyote ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 1:11 PM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 3:29 PM

Hiya all!

A dumb question:

How do you apply a reflection or a bump map in Poser? (I have poser 5) The manual doesn't explain this, and the tutorials that I've run across are vague on the application. I understand the process of creating them, but how do you actually apply them to a render? Say, I want to create a wet-looking Vicky, how do I apply a reflection or a bump map? In the materials room? This newbie is totally confused!

Many thanks!

El Coyote

Drew2003 ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 3:11 PM

Yes, it's done in the material room. You have to create a new node and attach it to the correct spot. The Poser 5 manual does explain hw to create nodes, but I agree it is really hazy as to where to connect them. The way i figure out how to do it, is to look at other people's stuff and see where they connected their nodes, then go back and do mine similarly. Of course, it never seems to be "perfect" that way, so I do a lot of experimenting. I'm sure there are some tutorials around that do a better job explaining al the connections you can make and the effects they have. - Drew

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2003 at 4:40 PM

Attached Link: http://host1.bondware.com/~syydr/

file_79401.jpg

Try playing around with the specular colour and highlight size. Lighting also plays a big part. You can pick up some free reflect-tones packs for V3 at RDNA (link above).

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

El_Coyote ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 11:35 AM

Thanks a bunch, all! I can't believe it is so simple. karen, that seems to be working for only half the image... what am I doing wrong? It is only working for the upper half of the Vicki 3 I'm testing it on... El Coyote

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.