Tue, Oct 22, 10:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:16 am)

Subject: Vue 4.2 imports Poser

compiler ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 2:43 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:29 AM

file_79532.jpg

I just updated to Vue 4.2 and had a try to import a pz3 into it. It worked just all right, with all the transparencies and the materials (but I did not find how to edit them). 5 minutes to make this picture (OK, it has no artistic value, it's just a try), 5 minutes to render. No problem to stability. A real charm (for the moment : now, on to more complex images...)

compiler ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 2:54 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Hu, it seems the compression is making a lot of artefacts (I still have to master PSP 8 ...). And I forgot the nudity flag...

Jangos ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 3:02 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_79533.jpg

Yup, I have had some success with bringing Poser into Vue. Here is a pic from a story board I am building that I did with the last Vue 4.2 beta build. I haven't had a chance to download the General release version of the 4.2 patch but I am hearing that it is even better. Cheers, Jangos

Jangos ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 3:06 PM

file_79534.jpg

And another......

sirkrite ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 3:47 PM

compiler: Use the Material Summery. It's the 12th icon from the left on the top or the F6 key. It will bring up the Material Summery, from there you can find the materials you want to edit and double click on it's thumbnail to enter the Material Editor. And you wont get that grouped objects warning.

FishNose ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 4:42 PM

That's great news! Compiler, who's the cute girl? :o) :] Fish

Mason ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 6:17 PM

Does it import poser 5 stuff with all the material nodes? Or just poser 4?

westryde ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 12:53 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1473489

I have not actually tried Vue 4.2 yet but this message from Lynn in this forum suggests that it meant for Poser 5 so presumably it does import the textures.

compiler ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 2:42 AM

Oh, sorry guys : I should not post when I'm shaking with fever... Yes, it's a Poser 5 pz3 import (since Poser 4 was already imported in Vue). Thanks for the tip sirkrite : I opened the materials, and I found that the Poser5 procedural nodes are not imported : only the maps are. Fishnose : the girl is Vicky 2, based on Candy character (in the MP), and tweaked by yours truly. (cough) Compiler (cough), back to base errrr... back to bed (snif).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.