Sun, Oct 6, 11:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Posters...?

Rochr ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 11:09 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:13 AM

Anyone know of a good site to sell posters/prints? Thinking of putting one or two pics up for sale.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 11:46 AM

Do you really think anyone would want to buy the trash you come out with? ;-) I know a few artists, both traditional and CG who sell a good amount on Ebay. There's a whole section for self promoting artists. Worth checking out. What about the market place in Renderosity? I've never really looked at it, can you sell art here?

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Rochr ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 12:32 PM

Yeah, i know the stuff sucks, but decided to try anyway... :) You could sell posters here before, but it looks like theyve skipped that part. Looks like i have three choises, either to print an amount myself (costs about $800 for 500 posters), sign up for a deal where they do the printing, and i get a percentage, or sell the printing rights for an image.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Atomic_Anvil ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 12:54 PM

Allow me to point you in the direction of a place called deviantart.com They offer print services for a modest fee and may be what you're looking for. I've seen several examples of their work, printed on fuji photographic paper and they looked very nice.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 1:06 PM

Are you going to print the Corel Boardroom image?, if so can I put in my order now please. 8) Let us know when you've got them up for sale Rochr I'd be very interested in getting a signed copy. 8D Catlin

Rochr ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 1:13 PM

Im pretty confident, that Primates would result in some sort of a law suit, at least if the name Corel would be present... :) Not really determined which ones i would sell. Theres only a few of them i can see as posters.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Andini ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 2:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.zazzle.com

I know that Zazzle.com will print and sell your art as posters. www.cafepress.com will do the same thing and will also print and sell calendars, shirts, mugs, etc. but unless you pay money for premium service, you can only sell one of each product. I think Zazzle operates the same way CafePress works. Every product has a set base price. If you want to make any profit, you'll have to set the selling price above the base price. It's nice because they take care of orders and printing, and all you do is sit back and wait for the profit! It's a nice system if it's not your profession.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 2:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.zazzle.com

I haven't tried it, yet. But this site was suggested to me once. Here was some poster sizes and prices on their site; 11x16 $9.95 15x22 $13.95 23x34 $19.95 35x52 $34.95 Only a few of them you could see as posters?! Gotta have The Quest, oh and of course Downtown, lol. Seriously, you could easily sell a BUNCH of your pics as posters. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 2:26 PM

lol, crosspost.

ocddoug ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 3:10 PM

I've yet to sell one at Zazzle, but I'm no Rochr :-( I would try EBAY. I bet your work would sell there.

Rochr ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 3:43 PM

Downtown, especially a version with a highlighted wanted-poster... :) You may not know this, but youre famous. Downtown was featured in french Score Mag, so i guess youre a wanted man there as well...sorry. :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 4:42 PM

Good stuff, thanks for all the links! I wondered why 'Rosity wouldn't seel posters, considering the nature of the site...

Rochr ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 5:00 PM

BTW, Doug, I can think of a number of your stuff that i wouldnt mind hanging on my wall... :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

woodhurst ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 10:36 PM

yeah that sucks they stopped selling prints, i had a few on my wishlist. good luck, i already have a few in mind.....cough nightlife cough

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 11:40 PM

Let's see, I'd like these as posters Nightlife Downtown The Craft Sublevels Archway Sunrays Outcast Timerider Ancient King Travelers Groundlevels 1 & 2 Rohropolis, Quatum Street... Just to name my favorites, let me know, I have lots of wall space...8) Zhann

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

danamo ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 2:33 AM

Same here Rochr! I find your art to be inspirational and I'd sure hang a few around here.

unityboxer ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 2:53 AM

yikes! dont tell me you are going to have to re-render them at a higher rez.I did a poster a while ago and had it printed at kinkos,it looked horrid until I did a re-render at 35x52,300dpi.but maybe kinkos sucks,I'm not sure.

Rochr ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 3:02 AM

Well, i already have a few of them rendered in poster size but most would have to be remade. The rendering is no problem, but to get the postwork identical is another issue... Unityboxer, Dont think Kinkos sucked. Larger original=Better print

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 8:51 AM

I've got a poster for sale at VRFX galleries. It's expensive canvas printing though. I haven't sold any yet.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rochr ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 1:27 PM

Aahh, im a little curious. Have you heard something from Kurt yet? I dont want to give the guy a bad rep if hes honest about his business, but i have a feeling that weve been ripped off there. I can be wrong though...

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 1:34 PM

I haven't had any reply's from Kurt in months. I actually forgot about it untill I saw this thread. I think I'm going to send him an e-mail, because I still have a contract with him saying I get some money if any of my posters sell. You'd think that by now at least one would have been sold. if even only a small one. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rochr ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 1:52 PM

Actually did send him an eamil some months ago, and he did reply, saying that he had some problems launching the site. Think it was lack of time or something like that. But yeah, i agree with you, something shouldve been sold. I have some posters there as well. I dont know, he can very well have a good reason, but i would like to have some updates. If i find out hes been ripping people off... >:[

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 3:05 PM

I don't like to think he's ripping people off. at the moment there's no proof for that, but I will make a strong request to keep me informed regularly from now on.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 7:39 PM

If you guys have paid him money then it's only right that he keep you informed of what's going on. I hope things are on the up and that he's not ripping you off. Catlin

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 8:42 PM

French Score Mag? Lol...I gotta ask, what kind of Mag is that? Here in the U.S. "Score" is a nudie magazine, specializing in...large chested women. Uhm...that's what my friends tell me anyways... AS

foleypro ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 11:13 PM

Yep I had two of my printed out at Kinko's 1.Northwest Paradise rendered at 2560x2995@300dpi Printed out at 13.5"x18" looked superb enough to sell for $80 Framed to the first customer after an art show... 2.Defenders of Khandaeri rendered at 2560x2995@300dpi printed out to 12x16 and was awesome but the expression on her face...And a whole bunch of other things i noticed at the huge size but I wanted to see what they would look like...I just bought an Epson Stylus 1520 printer(still shipping) that prints out to 17"x22" and I am going to start on some calanders and such and I really hope to work out a Tutorial on setting up your scenes in Bryce to render Brighter for CMYK without the wash out..

Rochr ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2003 at 4:34 AM

Agent Smith, Its a french bondage m....just kiddin :) No, its an art + movie mag, with celebrity (dressed) interviews, behind the scenes, etc... I made an inteview and got 6 pages of images. Downtown is one of them. :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

mboncher ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2003 at 8:50 AM

I've had a few people interested in my art, but getting them printed at matted takes too much money and kills the sale, I think I'll have to look into using a service like this to get the job done. $125 for just printing a 2'x3' image? Plus over $100 for framing and matting? Sorry too much. Let's hope this is a better way. The only question I've have now is about re-rendering images to a larger size. Case in point a 1200x1000 pxl image at 72dpi, I would like to re-render for a 300dpi resolution but without having to move and resize everything. Is that possible under document settings or something?

foleypro ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2003 at 8:24 PM

Yep...Just re-render the scene at a higher Resolution it is in the Document settings you will see...

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 12:41 AM

Let us know what happens with this! I may actually spring for a couple!! I am looking at photographic prints 16x20 (approx $30 Cdn/copy cost). Going to try it with either "Flight of Fancy" or "How real it seems..." more as presents for friends.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.