Fri, Oct 4, 3:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Looking for an Armpit Hair Solution for V3

panko ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 11:44 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 8:23 AM

Well, some of you are going to laugh with this, but the truth is that I need badly a prop, a suggestion (or anything) in order to put some hair in V3's pits. :) There is a prop made by Tagame for Michael and following the kind advise given to me here I managed to make it fit in V3, but unfortunately the results are still far from acceptable, and my own attempts at Poser's 5 hair room have been, to say the least, frustrating. So here I am, looking again for advise and direction, and let me grab this occasion to thank all of you people who helped me so many times in the past.

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

Momcat ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 12:18 PM

Hmmm...Try doing a search for Il Gecko. He does a lot of mature european type women and he may have a good technique he can share.

Fyrene ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 12:53 PM

You might also want to take a look at Jepe's hair brushes (Marketplace). They are, by far, the best brushes to create realistic body hair!!!

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 1:47 PM

panko, I've converted the Tagame pit hair to the V3 male with a a perfect fit. It should work just fine for the V3 female. If you've got PP or P5, I can walk you through it. It's a bit more complicated than just trying to fit the character itself. It involves exporting and importing the two collar pieces. It does give a perfect fit though. Let me know if you want to try it.

panko ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 4:30 PM

Thanks guys; I'll have a look around for brushes and Il Gecko stuff. pdxjims, you helped me already on this thread http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1418574 some time ago by kindly providing me with a step-by-step guide, and it worked, but maybe I did something wrong --perhaps the choice of the V3 clothing top for the boning-- and what I ended up with is not very manoeuverable. In fact there is only one useful position I can apply (to the collar): up and down. May I ask which V3 clothing model you have used? Thanks again.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 6:54 PM

Just use V3 herself. You'll add a lot of extra body parts, but you'll get the exact range of motion as the original. Check how far forward you put the lCollar and rCollar parts. That was the mistake I made when I first tried it. You have to move them forward a tad when you position them.

panko ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 6:02 AM

Thanks pdxjims, I'll give it another try.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 8:57 AM

Transmap the V3 T shirt or V3 Bodysuit for hair. T shirt is in the PC

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Batronyx ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 12:10 PM

Another suggestion:
I recently did something similar by layering the M3 texture and V3 textures then used an eraser to remove unwanted body hair. In my case I was trying to preserve armpit hair and some belly hair while removing most of the chest hair for a native-american pic, I've yet to finish.
It's of course not redistributable and you'll have to make a few hue adjustments to better match skin tones, but it wasn't too difficult and I was pleased with my results.

panko ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 4:47 PM

Pheonix, this is an excellent idea! I'll have a go... Batronyx, yours also is a very interesting approach and I would like to see a rendering when and if you feel like. By the way, trying the V3 for bonning gave far better results, but... still it isn't perfect, especially in some poses... sigh... Isn't this strange? What seemed to be a trivial detail in the beginning it's about to turn into a full time challenge!... :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.