Wed, Sep 18, 5:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce5 help (I need a good boat)

Heliix ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 8:58 PM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 7:42 AM

I'm looking for a boat for bryce5 like a rowboat or a dingy or anything like that. I tryed the one in the bryce freestuff section the terrain made boat. I don't know whats wrong with it but it worked for me the first time I used it. Now it has this layer over the top where the seats should be, and you can't see inside of the boat. Any way I can fix this? I would really apprciate some good links to sites that have bryce freestuff. Especially a site that may have a good boat. Advice on how to fix this one I have would be good too. Thankyou in advance.

Heliix ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 9:01 PM

Attached Link: http://fade.oesm.org/boat1.jpg

Heres a picture of what It's doing, if this helps any.

d_hood ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 9:05 PM

loks like it may of came ungrouped. Regroup it and see if that works

Heliix ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 11:22 PM

Alright. To do that I just git the U to ungroup, then the G to group? Does anyone have some good sites for free bryce stuff too.

MuddyGrub ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 12:41 AM

Sams3d.com has some wonderful freebies as well as products too. You can order a cd full of all their freebies for around 14 bucks. That's an absolute steal. Also baument.com has alot of freebies too. Don't know if they have a row boat though.

Heliix ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 1:55 AM

Is it possible to make a material or bryce5 from a jpg? Thankyou for the info, I;ll check em out.

Dennisld ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 8:34 AM

Go to the Bryce Related Links as shown in the heading of this page. First place to go for 3d models should always be 3dcafe.com, millions to choose from! Hope this helps Dennis

fingers ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 9:52 AM

Could it be that the "item" you're having problems with is intended to be used as a "negitive boolean" object, and should be grouped with a "positive" water or sea... ya know... to kinda hold the water out of your boat ?? I've modeled lots of boats. If it's an "open" boat, I always have to model an object to boolean cut the water from the inside of the boat...so it doesn't look like it's sinking all the time. Just a guess.. Mikey :O)

Heliix ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 7:26 PM

It says something in the readme about ungrouping and regrouping it to get the water out of the boat. I'm kind of a bryce newbie, I know a good amount, but not alot. I have much to learn. I'm not sure what he means in the readme.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.