Thu, Sep 26, 4:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 12:28 pm)

Subject: Saving Characters in P5 and amount of Hd

ViciousCircle ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2003 at 10:11 AM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 1:57 AM

Hi everybody, i have been makin characters with v2, m2 and v3 (you know, morphing them, adding textures and hair and in some cases clothes) and then saving it to the library. I have no problems with it, the problem is that this way im running out of hd cause most of the characters i do with v3 took more than 100 mbs... Is there a way to delete for example the unused morphs (cause i usually load all the morphs to v3 and then i modify the dials) and save some hd? Any other ways to do keep the files at low size? Thanx

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2003 at 10:24 AM

You can remove the morphs from Victoria 3 characters within Poser itself, using the REM poses, or delete them from the character files with Mason's Morph Manager utility (available in Free Stuff).

Do you have file compression enabled in Poser? The files are text-based, so they compress extremely well (sometimes as little as 15% of the original size). The downside is that Morph Manager and many other utilities can't read compressed files directly.

stewer ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2003 at 10:27 AM

Go to Poser's general preferences and tell it to save compressed files. After that, you can run the compressposerfiles.py Python script to convert your cr2 files to crz files. Once that is done, you can delete the cr2 files, but verify that the script really created the crz files before deleting.

ViciousCircle ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2003 at 3:01 PM

Well i have been using poser for 4 months... lol, no i didnt know about the file compression, will have to check it. Thanx

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.