Sat, Sep 21, 12:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Another new Challenge... sort of..

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 2:07 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:29 AM

Looking to enhance the look of this drab little forum. Using the forums theme: Challenge Looking for a Banner, so this forum kind of looks a little more polished, you know... like your other fav' forums. :) Looking into options to make it worth the winners while. (at least a little. ;)

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

stotty ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 11:13 AM

Oh this sounds interesting :). What dimensions do you need for the banner? and should it include the text Challenge Forum?

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 2:15 PM

I'd like to include the forum name, yes. But it's not really required. I do want to convey the challenge theme.... as for the banner, I was thinking to keep it under 800x300.. should be plenty of room to work around in. :)

bluetone ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 8:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=106

We had a similar challenge over in the Carrara forum, (http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=106) And the size that was decided for over there was 500x100. Otherwise people with small screens, (smaller then 1024x768) the page won't have to scroll sideways just for the banner. Just my 2 cents. :>

Pyrographer ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 10:40 PM

file_80178.jpg

How 'bout this one? Obviously it'd need to be resized considerably. But...

RimRunner ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2003 at 2:38 PM

pretty cool. I'll have to dig back through my own works of a while back... something along these lines, but a little ... older. ;)

Knot4u ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 2:44 PM

file_80179.jpg

Here is one that came to mind.

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 12:48 PM

Ohhhhh I like that! Dueling with pencil and brush, lol. Tres

Fractals will always amaze me!

Pyrographer ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 3:26 PM

Hmm, should change those to a mouse and wacom tablet maybe?

DarkStarRising ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 3:09 PM

file_80180.jpg

well thought i add my idea :>

In the words of DarkStarRising:
"Sadness within sadness,
Darkness within darkness,
a shadow of a form lays upon the floor,
looking at herself
looking at her own shadows of loneliness"

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 3:29 PM

very cool all the way around. Going to start using these in turn.

stotty ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 1:23 AM

Oh these are great,hope to get one done soon,Having a bit of a computer reformat and upgrade over the weekend hopefully I will be back soon faster then before :)Clutching a banner,

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2004 at 5:22 PM

Hey folks... just wanted to bring this one back from the dead... We are always looking for new ideas and banners for the forum. Great way to get your name / gallery up on the top for a month :) Cheers, - James

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 16 August 2004 at 12:46 PM

file_80181.jpg

Throwing down the gauntlet!

Fractals will always amaze me!

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 22 August 2004 at 1:11 AM

file_80183.jpg

Here's one. 1st round

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Drsuess ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2004 at 4:58 PM

file_80184.jpg

Just A Try At This! 8)

Satanimus ( ) posted Tue, 19 October 2004 at 12:52 PM · edited Tue, 19 October 2004 at 1:07 PM

file_80185.jpg

Is this still valid? I don't know but I fancied 'avin a go. :)

Message edited on: 10/19/2004 12:56 Is this too big? :/

Message edited on: 10/19/2004 13:07

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2004 at 8:05 PM

Cool banner Satanimus. :) And naw, it's not too big, if nothing else I can clip it down a little, but I think this is about the size of what I have there already. ;)

Satanimus ( ) posted Fri, 22 October 2004 at 5:39 PM

Thanx, glad you like it, even gladder(is that a word) it's not too big... :):):)

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

SusiQ ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2005 at 6:02 AM

file_80186.jpg

I am not sure if this is still open for suggestions? If so here's a banner done using Terragen.

Copyright S.R. Hulley
Chin up, stay strong! Hugs!

Satanimus ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 3:56 PM

I don't know, but I kinda have the feeling this is a peramanently open challenge.....

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 7:41 PM

I agree...it's an ongoing challenge. We just need to flag down RimRunner once in awhile. :)

RimRunner ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 8:51 PM

Yes, it is an open challenge. Just something to keep the front area looking new. Hoping to get a few more entries in here so we have some other ones to cycle through as time goes on. :) Cheers, - James

ScotHarvest ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 12:56 AM

file_340202.jpg

Does this tickle anybody's fancy? Maybe too busy or too medieval, comments suggestions appreciated (please be frank).

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
  --  Mark Twain --

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.