Tue, Oct 1, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Free Robot and a problem

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 3:43 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:33 PM

file_80409.jpg

I made a figure for poser of a robot and i tried to upload it to runtime dna. They said they don`t do uploads anymore. The problem is that i don`t have a site for the figure. If any one knows a site which will host it then they could let me know in a reply to this message. The Zip file size is 687k it compressed very well.

William ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 3:54 AM

That's a nice robot, I hope you can find hosting for it.

BigGreenFurryThing ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 6:34 AM

I have a soft spot for homeless robots and so can help provided there aren't more than 1,000 downloads a month! :-) Send me a Renderosity IM or e-mail me via my user. Mark.

Cheers,
Mark

Berserga ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 8:31 AM

That robot looks very cool. Hope there are no usage restrictions.

VI_Knight ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 8:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.big-i.com/

Big-i also does free hosting. Yo umay want to check them out.

Berserga ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 8:33 AM

BTW you could host a file that small on any free Geocities type web page. If you get a lot of downloads they'll take you offline temporaraly though.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 9:02 AM

Berserga there will be no restrictions except you cant sell it and you cant say it`s your own. Vi Knight thanks i will check out Big-i

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 9:05 AM

Big-i is for setting up a site. I don`t really want a site thanks anyway vi knight By the way, i will post a message in this forum with a link to the robot once it is ready for downloading.

Berserga ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 9:33 AM

Cool. By can't sell "IT". I assume you mean the model itself. Yeah I know it's a dumb question but you can't be to careful. :) Anyway we got Robot's comin out the Wazoo here these days.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 10:20 AM

I Do mean you cant sell the robot and this one isnt a cartoony one like some...

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 10:45 AM

If you need another host, I can do it. I have a good amount of bandwidth on my site and I've been too lazy to put more downloads lately, so I'm not hurting on bandwidth. Of course I'll give you full credit for it and link to your artist page here, if you'd like. IM me if you're interested, Cres www.fallencity.net

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 1:50 PM

file_80410.jpg

Here is the full size picture of the robot for anyone who is interested. I rendered it in bryce.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 1:52 PM

The square bit on the chest i`m not sure about. Maybe it is a bryce error.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.