Sat, Sep 21, 2:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Skin color reference?

Tintifax ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 12:41 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:22 AM

Ok, there are some very good textures available. Made a picture with 2 characters V2 and V3 with different skin textures and one was to yellow and pale and the other almost too rosy. If you have only 1 character in a scene, you just tweak the light to get a nice skin tone, but with multiple characters you have to modify the texture. What do you think is a good reference? V3 hires maps? Judy map? Asia/Yuma map?...

RawArt ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 12:48 PM

You can modify the textures, or you could simply change the material colour behind the texture to tint it one way or another.

geoegress ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 1:07 PM

ya- I'm going through this now too- he's to red to match the other char. changing the base color isn't the fix- the texture is to red to match :(

rhiafaery ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 2:13 PM

I second Rawnrr on the modifying the material colors. I do that a lot. RDNA has fabulous sets of skin toners for free, one for V2, M2, and the kids, one for V3, and even one for LaRoo.

Tintifax ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 2:42 PM

Thanks rhiafaery, I will have a look at that. The thing is that I work on 2 character textures at the moment and up til now I took the V3hiMaps as reference. Today I got Poser5 and Judy is so different (rosy). That's why I made this poll.

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 2:49 PM

be lazy like me .... render each figure seperatley and composite in Photoshop :) no problem colorshifting them to match then :)

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 6:25 PM

I've been color balancing photos in photoshop for over a decade, and let me tell you, models are some of the pickiest people you will ever meet when it comes to skin color. LOL. I've developed a very sharp eye for realistic skin colors on a computer over the years. I have free skin,eye, and hair texture reference guide called, "True Colors" based on an invaluable resource of the book on colors for me. The zip file includes a gif image and a Photoshop .aco file. IM me and I will email it to you. My website currently doesn't allow downloads. You will have to open the texture files you want to adjust in Photoshop of another image editing program and then adjust levels, hue, and saturation to match a realistic skintone. I edit all my purchased textures for Mike because they could all use either use a tweak, or I want to create a different skin tone with it, like turning a Dark Winter into a Soft Autumn. There is also a kit for making your own realistic skin color textures for purchase on the PoserPros site. I don't own it, so I can't tell you if it's good or not, but it looks cool. Maybe it will help you. Good luck! bB

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.