Fri, Oct 4, 3:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: October Challenge (Back on topic ;-)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 3:10 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:27 PM

file_80767.jpg

Here's my entry for the October challenge "The Arts". I chose 2 or the 7: paintings in a gallery (architecture). This is purely Bryce, with the smallest amount of postwork. The pictures are previous Bryce works Ive made. Except for the portrait and the logo above it, everything was created in Bryce. I got the idea from a few art exhibitions Ive been to in London. Its now trendy to reuse old buildings for a new purpose.

There's a bit of a back story to this one in my gallery. The version there is without postwork so you can compare. If you have a CRT you may prefer that one since it's a little brighter.

I'd really like to do a QTVR of this, but the program seems to be really expensive. If anyone knows a cheaper way to produce them, I'm all ears.

All comments are welcome. Good ones rather than negative of course. ;-)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Ang25 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 3:25 PM

Wow! I like the feel of this. Also, I like shiney and thats a shiney floor :-D Portrait or Selfportrait?

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 3:27 PM

I was up all night polishing the floor. And then sliding up and down it the next morning. Great fun. And yeah, the portrait is me in my "try and look like a dark and moody artist type."

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Ang25 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 3:32 PM

Well it works, it looks very artsy (moody and dark) to me. Also, isn't it a blast to put up a gallery of your works. I did a render once where I used some of my images as pictures hanging on the wall. Virtual or real it gave me a bit of pleasure doing it.

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 3:51 PM

why do you need an expensive qtvr program? use this method to render: http://fartur.free.fr/galerie/tutorial/qtvr-tutorial.html then use this program to make the qtvr: http://www.panoguide.com/software/utils/gocubic.html It's free! I am on a mac so I can;t speak to the gocubic app, but I have the equivalent free program here and it works like a charm. If you do have a mac, or access to one, I bought this lovely software called cubic connector that allows you to draw hotspots and link several qtvr's together, so you can literally point and click through your gallery, while being able to look around 360 degrees in any direction. That software is here: http://www.clickheredesign.com.au/cubicconnector/ that's actually never than the version I have, i think i'lll upgrade now.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 3:57 PM

madmax! You are the man. This is exactly what I wanted. Off to play now.....

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 4:07 PM

I need the PC version and the link in the panoguide site is no good. AHHHH!!!! Looking for a download somewhere else now. If anyone has a copy, I'd be really grateful.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 5:16 PM

http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/quicktimeintro/tools/ here you'll find some utilities but not gocubic...still looking for that one.

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 5:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.panoguide.com/code/Gocubic.zip

woohoo! found it! http://www.panoguide.com/code/Gocubic.zip

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 5:45 PM

Brilliant thanks. Playing with the built in QTVR thing in Bryce (which I didn't know it had) Really should read manuals more often.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 6:00 PM

The built in qtvr option will only give you cylindrical panormas, and it is not too good at optimizing them. You can only move 180 degrees around, not up or down. The tutorial above creates cubic panoramas that can be viewed from all angles. Here's a quick example of one I made a while back: http://www.renderring.com/skytest3.mov It's quite fun and his is how they made Myst III

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 6:06 PM

Done the built in one.... Like you say.... It's OK. Good as a test, but scewed. So I'm rendering at the moment to use Gocubic.... OK, this post is getting off topic. ;-)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 6:11 PM

Well it's YOUR thread :P haha

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 6:13 PM

oh BTW best FOV to use is 40 degrees

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 6:13 PM

not in bryce, but for the movie.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 6:53 PM

OK, just before I go to bed, here's my very first try with Gocubic. Shows that it works and shows that my gallery has no doors. Great fun. I'll certainly be working on the other half of the gallery when time permits. Anyway the movie is here.

Many many thanks to madmax.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 8:24 PM

Very nice! My only qualm is that it looks rather compressed. That may be that gocubic isn't too great at compressing, but great job!

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 8:44 PM
Forum Moderator

You could have called this, 'PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION' and got Art, Architecture and Music all in one great render.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 9:39 PM

It looks just like a gallery I used to work at. Very realistic render drawbridge and a job well done, ie. the dark artist on the wall. 8) Catlin

amethyss ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 10:06 PM

What is a QTVR?

Painting: The art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather and exposing them to the critic_____website

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 10:19 PM

quicktime virtual reality basically a scene that you can interact with.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 2:35 AM

To be honest I created really small pictures for the cube and the AA is off hence the poor compression look. I'm gonna be playing around a lot with this though....

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Zhann ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2003 at 1:53 AM

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.