Fri, Sep 20, 12:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Can VuePro export scenes to Poser?

NVITWS ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 2:15 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

Hello, I use Vue 4.2, and unfortunately can't afford to upgrade to VuePro at this time. In a thread posted to the Poser forum, someone is claiming to have exported an entire scene from VuePro to Poser, including meshes, ground, and atmosphere. They aren't simply claiming to have created a terrain and exported that to Poser. In fact, there's no terrain in the images. So far as I'm aware, Poser couldn't possibly import an entire Vue scene replete with atmosphere and .vob meshes. It simply isn't equipped to do so. However, the person making this claim insists that they've done it. Have I missed something major in the news about VuePro? Is it actually possible to export entire VuePro scenes to Poser? If it is, please excuse my skepticism. It just doesn't seem possible to me.

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 2:22 PM

If you check out recent postings in the poser forum, you will find someone who did just that with some success :)

NVITWS ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 2:53 PM

I suspect we're talking about the same person. They claim to have had success, but so far haven't answered my question about how such a thing is done. My real question to this esteemed forum's VuePro owners is simply whether or not VuePro somehow enables export to Poser. If so, what format is the file? .pz3? How can Poser read VuePro's atmosphere information? I use Poser 4 ... it won't import .vob files, for example. Does VuePro export entire scenes to Poser?

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 3:18 PM

Sorry... I didn't read your post completely and I missed that you were talking about that same person. I suspect they were able toexport the scene as a 3ds or obj format and then imprted it with poser as such. This is not exactlely poser import but that may work for simple scenes like trees...

raven ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 7:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Products/vue4pro/index.php?Page=2

It doesn't export the atmosphere, but does export a skymap, as well as the meshes (including vegetation) as various file formats. This page at E-on should shed a little more info.

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2003 at 1:18 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12368&Form.ShowMessage=1489780

Well, there is a "hurray i did it" only a few threads under your question. Mayb you'll have a look!

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Djeser ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2003 at 2:15 AM

Poser is not able to import Vue d'Esprit info, which is in .vue or .vob format. Vue 4 Professional allows the export of other elements of the scene in various formats like obj and 3ds, as raven mentioned, including a sky map.

Sgiathalaich

seeklight ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2003 at 5:19 AM

Hey guys its me who is causing so much anguish for you, now it exports the whole scene as a 3ds format and the sky in the image was set to a box and it takes the atmosphere map I did this just to see if it could be done and yes it works ,y o y do you not beleive i or outhers can do this seeklight

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2003 at 9:45 AM

Ah so it doesn't really import Vue atmospheres etc. Just the maps and props.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

seeklight ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2003 at 10:06 AM

well yes it does realy lol it just maps them to a very big box or sphere or whatever it is but it deso look good even if i do say so meself regards seeklight

NVITWS ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2003 at 5:38 PM

Hi all, you're right that I should have checked the e-on site first, but I do thank everyone for the responses. I was just floored by seeklight's claims, and perhaps misunderstood the bit about importing a Vue atmosphere to Poser. A sky map is obviously something else, but no big deal, it's still fascinating news. Hey seeklight, no anguish whatsoever! :-) Thank you for sharing your work, you may have just helped sell another copy of Vue Pro. I prefer the notion of moving Poser figures and scenes to Vue, but I'm starting to see why bidirectional interoperability is a good thing.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2003 at 3:24 AM

How about a render/pic?

seeklight ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2003 at 3:30 AM

cool im glad you found what you were looking for mate and hope you enjoy using it if ya buy it regards seeklight

TheWingedOne ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2003 at 6:15 AM

Just a short question... Why should I import import a Vue scenery into Poser if I have both programs? The other way round (Poser to Vue) makes much more sense to me, since the renders quality and lightning capabilities of Vue are much better than Poser's. Did I miss something? Phil

timoteo1 ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2003 at 12:02 PM

There are some instances where it could be better. For me, if I could get something close to scenery quality of Vue in Poser, I'd user Poser because: A)Poser is LIGHTYEARS FASTER as far as the interface, even without OpenGL. (Never thought I'd here myself saying that about Poser. Vue is so attrocious when it comes to interface speed, I dare say nothing is slower on the planet.) B) Poser's animation palette is MUCH better than Vue's. i.e., Poser is a lot better for animating. C) It would be great for rough setups if the render quality was not acceptible, as you could set up your scene, animate cameras, and interactively Poser your figures without switching back-n-forth. Yeah, I originally bought Vue so I could do just the opposite. But Vue has proved that it simply can not handle Poser animation imports and still function well. Plus the animation controls drive me crazy. -Tim

Enforcer ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2003 at 10:59 PM

Another reason for the import function was just pointed out in another thread... If, for some reason, you need to render a wireframe image of your scene, you could do so in Poser.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2003 at 11:48 AM

Good point! Or any of the other display nodes (i.e. cartoon, silouhette, etc.) -Tim

Purloinius ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 1:42 PM

Man I hear ya... Its like Poser doesn't want anything to do with vue. I feel poser render is far better than vue. I forget why I bought vue 4. Oh yeah to generate random rocks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.