Sat, Sep 21, 4:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: testing...

Barbarellany ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2003 at 6:38 PM ยท edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 12:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=522170&Start=1&Artist=Barbarellany&ByArtist=Yes

Hi. I posted a portrait to the gallery and it seems that on some screens the shadows have a blotchy appearance. I'm fine with any distortion in the backgound, but not the neck eek! Cynlee suggested I ask you folks if you saw the same thing. I did a little fixing, but it had looked fine on my screen in the first place. Does it look OK to others? Thank you.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2003 at 7:57 PM

My monitor is calibrated towards the darker side. I see no blotchiness. Just chalk it up to the fact that pretty much everyone is going to see it differently, due to the monitor calibration and settings. If it looks fine to you and you get prints that match what you see on the monitor then don't sweat it too much. It's frustrating yes.....but not much can be done about it. :~)

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Wolfsnap ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2003 at 9:30 PM

I'm on a Mac, which typically has a slightly "brighter" look than PC's - and i noticed no blotching in the neck. If anything, the noise in the background looked more blotchy than anything else - but that could be just the texture of the background (but the "grain" - for lack of a better term - looks a bit too sharp for the soft-focus of the subject...?) Wolf

TwistedMindDesigns ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2003 at 9:46 PM

I'm running a matrox card with dual monitors and a breakout box to a TV... each has a slightly lighter contrast. The image looks great on all three. No blotches here.

Even if you choose not to choose, you still have made a choice

3DGuy ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2003 at 10:25 AM

Even if I turn my brightness way up I can see no blotchiness. Maybe if you're running in 16 bit color then it's blotchy. Could also be due to the videocard and/or drivers.

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

Barbarellany ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2003 at 10:57 AM

Thank you all. I am on a mac too but have callibrated toward the PC end because that's what most people see. I had an issue last year with a dark piece being too dark for PC viewers. Guess you really can't win. lol. Thanks again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.