Wed, Sep 25, 3:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:39 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Just for Fun - Ten Clue that You Are (or should be) a Writer

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 8:18 AM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 11:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.absolutewrite.com/fun/ten_clues.htmhttp://

See if you pick up any of these clues about your destiny. Enjoy.

lavender ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 1:28 PM

A lot of them don't seem to apply to me. So, here's a few more... :) You carry on conversations in your head with imaginary people, and complain bitterly to your friends about how the imaginary characters always seem to win. Instead of weightlifting, your workout schedule includes a visit to the local library. You read out of date text books because you are curious about what people used to think was true. (For fantasy/sf writers) You know more about the workings of your imaginary countries than you do about the one you actually live in. (For historical writers) You despise fashion in general, but you know what points are and why they need tying, and can explain all the major fashion trends for one or more specific 100 year period spans. You have a folding keyboard and fully functional wordprocessor for your PDA Any more?

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 2:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.absolutewrite.com/fun/ten_clues.htm

I don't consider myself a writer anymore, but I was amused at myself when I overheard a cell phone conversation yesterday and wanted to get off the bus with the young woman because I wanted to hear more of the story...and that conversation lingered with me the rest of the day as I played with possible endings. When I was writing regularly, I often missed my stop because I wrote while I rode on the bus and would lose a sense of time and place. I guess what makes a person a writer is a very individual thing.

Shoshanna ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 5:04 PM
  1. True, I am a shameless buyer of pink fountain pens with matching pink cartridges, staple removers in the shape of cartoon creatures , strangely covered notebooks and all things stationary. 3. A desert island would be an ideal place to write. Less washing up to get in the way :-) 5. Not only people I actually meet, but people I sort of meet (on the internet) or just see something strange about, like the woman who recently sent a letter and signed it on the back of the envelope "From a pawpaw widder and her starvin childrun" :-) 6. oh yes :-) Fortunately some of them end up in the bin. 9. That's me. Pink ink on the duvet cover again. 10. Yes, it's completely true. Write or explode :-) 6 out of 10. My contribution to the list 1. You keep telling yourself to get a grip, get on with your 'real' life, career etc. Instead you find yourself sitting in a writers forum at 3am. 2. When you split your trousers sitting down in a cafe, the FIRST thing you think of is how to work that into a story :-) The SECOND is to think what your character would do to get out of the situation, should it be a funny thing or just humiliating, what kind of trousers should they be etc..? The THIRD is to realise with a certain amount of embarrassment that it has actually happened to you and everyone is staring because you are scribbling feverishly on the back of an old scrap of paper as if without a care in the world, only stopping to observe their reactions to your plight so you can take more notes :-) Not that I did EXACTLY that thing you understand :-) Well, okay. Maybe. Shanna :-)

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 9:38 AM

"I write for the same reason I breathe; because if I didn't, I would die."

jstro ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2003 at 12:44 AM

1,3,9,and 10. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

Taria ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2003 at 4:31 PM

Those were funny that's for sure...okay so some apply. Alright most apply. okay okay, 9 out of 10 apply. I'm a looser what can I say? But I love to write :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.