Thu, Sep 19, 4:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:00 pm)

Subject: is there a Valkyrie character for judy or P4 female

akura_ ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 8:29 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:12 PM

and thanks for anyone and those who could help me out

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 9:25 PM

There are no true Valkyrie characters for ANY of the models yet, although there are a couple of close approximations. The Valkyries depicted on runic stones and tapestries aren't wearing butt-length chainmail (sorry guys). That said, you can find some hair with 2 braids (although none of the single braid with distinctive knot at the nape), some "viking style" helmets with horns or feathers, and some barbarian armor or furry barbarian armor. Little Dragon made us a quite good viking helment based upon a 10th century piece. The weaponry available is pretty good. A few years ago there was a valkyrie-type character similar to the lady in the beer ad... it may be in my files somewhere, but I'm sure that Little Dragon will be here with a list of more recent sightings! Carolly

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 11:29 PM

I think John Malis had a modern type Valkyrie ... probably over at Animotions now

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 11:58 PM

hauksdottir, do you mean Kalypso's female fighter character?

It was once available at FairyWoods and (I believe) PropsGuild, but I don't know where you could find it now. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask Kalypso.

What beer ad?

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 2:34 AM

file_81366.jpg

Little Draon, Bingo! That image. the winged helmet *is* rather iconic. It is a pz3 which may explain why I never loaded the file. It wasn't a beer ad, but that is where my feeble mind filed it... perhaps because there are fewer cross references with peppermint schnapps? Just about everything is wrong with the contents of this image, but it probably sold a lot of liquor! Carolly

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 4:06 PM

Yes, that image is wrong in so many ways. I mean, really now, riding a polar bear bareback? Sure, the potential for puns is enormous, but proper etiquette demands a saddle.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 12:31 AM

There are other images of ladies riding polar bears, but they are mainly from the northern fairy stories (Russian, Finnish, Danish) and the women are clothed in long dresses even if they aren't adaquately dressed for the chill of an arctic journey. They usually don't have saddle or bridle because the friendly bear is helping them on the quest. This doesn't look like a friendly bear! ;^) Carolly

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 12:56 AM

I want a set of morphing tack for moose, lions, bears and whatever else. Why? don't you ever need to saddle up a moose? grin Seriously, I'm actually having to fit the charger tack to the DD moose and it's not pretty.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 2:05 AM

file_81367.jpg

Perhaps this image by Rebecca Guay can help? The thought of moose riders rang a bell. ;) She is a decent artist and may have kept sketches if you want to contact her. Carolly

brittmccary ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 9:20 PM

file_81368.jpg

Carolly.. :) You forgot the bold Norwegians riding different kinds of animals. *lol* Here a "real" princess riding a polar bear, - in Theodore Kittelsens drawing to the Norwegian fairy tale; "White bear, King Valomon" Kvite bjn - kong valomon (drawing from the 1880's I believe). Anyone who want to see "real" trolls, - should do a search for Theodore Kittelsen. All Norwegian kids are unison that Kittelsen is the troll expert. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.