Fri, Sep 20, 12:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Who are you calling short?!

Jon ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 12:41 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:47 PM

file_81595.jpg

Thanks for the great response everyone on the first posting - I thought I'd give you an update on the project. Well, the Freak as a Dwarf is progressing nicely - he's now got his strong boots and an array of props - all of fine dwarven craftsmanship: a dwarven axe and buckler, a belt pouch ideal for keeping powdered mushrooms or dwarven tobacco (hmmm, he still needs a finely carved pipe), and of course his trusty old heavy-duty utility belt with many loops to hang his other clanky-jangly stuff :) I'll probably be doing four different looks for the dwarf in this package - with the appropriate texturing and props and some special faces. You can have a small band roaming around in your fantasy renders!

Jon ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 12:42 PM

file_81596.jpg

Jon ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 12:45 PM

file_81597.jpg

And a back view of the little fella - oops I didn't just say that!

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 12:54 PM

this is great :)

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

ronstuff ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 12:56 PM

Absolutely Fantastic! Great Figure and outfit... I hope you consider a female version too (the unimesh is boob-ready, and the rest is just proportions).

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 2:11 PM

Looking pretty cool though the leather banding around the abdomen is looking a little unfinished. Since it is a WIP sort of I am guessing it still may be :)

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 2:16 PM

Amazing detail! Great stuff for Lord of the Ring pictures :) Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Jon ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 2:41 PM

Thanks everyone! Ghost you're right, I haven't started on texturing yet, these are just quickies to show the models with something. I'm still making templates for different styles since I want it to be versatile.

sturkwurk ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 2:43 PM

Very cool so far Jon!

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

thorntoa ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 4:32 PM

Wow! Yet another sale when this one comes out! As far as textures go since you are making them up. I'd like a baseline texture, something for royalty (a few jewels & some gold on stuff) and maybe something heavily worn. . . Just thought I put a plug in for stuff I'd want. Good work as always.

Allan Thornton

Jon ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 4:44 PM

Thanks for the suggestions thorntoa. Good ideas, I've had some on my mind as well. One question though, what do you mean by "baseline"?

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 5:01 PM

I think by baseline thorntoa means average ... Something between the noble version and the worn out version. As for suggestions I might suggest a Tolkien version :) This has the nordic angle set but not all drawves are from norse myth ...

chrisjol ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 5:03 PM

Fantastic stuff Jon!! I bet no-one dare call him a lawn ornament. :o)

jade_nyc ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 5:12 PM

Oh I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!

Jon ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 5:17 PM

Thanks Ghost that sounds right. Lol chris that brought in mind scenes from "Full Monty" and the little lawn gnomes that they were playing with during the older guy's job interview :)

kayjay97 ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 5:28 PM

.....jumpimg up and down................ YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!! I want lots and lots of Dwarves. This is a dream come true. Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much!!

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

keweljewels ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 6:50 PM

LOl knew you'd be excited Linda lol Love him jon...my what big feet he has though lol

jaybutton ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 11:11 PM

Fantastic!

judith ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 11:14 PM

John, all I can say is WOW! Outstanding work as always! I know I musta missed this somewhere along the line, is the clothing on him yours also? This really is spectacular!!

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

Suede ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 12:52 AM

flawless AND fun :) great job!

Dejah ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 5:25 AM

Great character, excellent work once again!!!

dglidden ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 9:05 PM

I'm really liking this John!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.