Fri, Sep 20, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: A must see picture by Rochr....................................

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 11:40 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez

I've just been to Rochr's gallery and he's just posted what, in my opinion, is one of the best futuristic city scenes I've ever viewed. Folks have really got to go see this 'cos it is simply fantastic, the work of a master. Congratulations Rudy for all your "Excellent" work. 8) The guy deserves an award. Catlin

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 11:41 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=525281

OOooops! wrong link, sorry. 8)

dan whiteside ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 12:07 PM

wowzer! Thanks Catlin, that was well worth checking out. Best; Dan

derjimi ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 12:14 PM

Rochr does incredible works all the time, but he always manages to be even better with every new picture. :) J.

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 12:16 PM

Yup, I agree with you. I normally think historical not future, but this is a terrific image.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

jabbiati ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 1:36 PM

Damn....nice!

Quest ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 3:45 PM

Absolutely spectacular as usual. Rochrs work is just awesome and is a great inspiration. Thanks for pointing us there Catlin.

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 3:49 PM

Yeah, I have just about all Rohr's stuff. I was going through the galleries of some of my favorites and noticed that both Hobbit and Rohr and a few others never post wips, their work is awesome, and sometimes I wonder how things sre done, but never having a wip in the forum makes it hard to see the thought and mechanics process... just one of those weird thoughts that travel through my head on occaision.......

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Rochr ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 4:48 PM

file_81586.jpg

Thanx a lot you guys, feels really great to hear you like the images.

Ive often planned to do some more "making of" images and post them on my webpage, but never seem to get the thumbs out... Still, if theres anything you want to ask, im just an IM away. :)

This one here, is how the render looked before postwork.
As you see, there are obvious flaws here. Stuff going through walls, texture on the walkway looks odd, etc. Used a photographic sky on a mask and drew most of the background city with a Wacom.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

ocddoug ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 5:47 PM

It's very cool to see the raw Bryce render. I've often wondered what your work looks like in this form. Thanks for posting :-) Doug

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 6:20 PM

Looks great even before the post......:)

ysvry ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 6:22 PM

i like the raw render in its own right too. maybe you can post more raws? plz :)

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 6:25 PM

Just don't ask to see the wireframe, the one for sunrays, I'm in awe as to how he keeps it all straight....;)

RodsArt ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 6:49 PM

LOL, Flaws? Nah! Serious though, I'm sure we all know every square inch of our own compositions and where the small items that will vanish after postwork. My personal curiosity and level of awe is in the massive detail mixed with the construction of a scene. Thanks for posting this. Truly inspiring.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 7:04 PM

"Stuff going through walls", where? 8) Don't care what you say about flaws Rudy 'cos when it comes to your finished pieces they are always mindblowingly stunning. 8) Catlin

ocddoug ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 7:53 PM

I'd give my left nut to see more of these....just kidding, I mean my right nut ;-)

Slakker ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 8:00 PM

you know, i don't know, i think my right nut is more important, but then again i've always been fond of the left one... Rochr...simply amazing, it should be cover art for some great sci-fi book or something...When I saw it I thought of the Dune series. It looks like it could be on the Harkonnen world, Giedi Prime. Amazin.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 8:01 PM

Are you a tree Doug? hehehehe 8D

ocddoug ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 8:13 PM

LOL Catlin...yes, a tree with two nuts and a pinecone ;-0)

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 8:55 PM
Forum Moderator

I'm tempted.....sorely tempted........... Great work here from Rochr, maybe HE should publish a book?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Spike ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 9:24 PM

Or a DVD of all his work.......... HINT

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 10:09 PM

The patience that you have to have to do something like this...

Quest ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 11:18 PM

ROFLMAO! You guys are just too much! All of sudden we've gone from in depth Bryce work and post work to squirreling! Never a dull moment around here. Thanks for that post Rochr does serve to demonstrate the works progression.

Rochr ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2003 at 11:35 PM

Guess i can post some WIPs in here in the future... :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

danamo ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 12:02 AM

I look forward to each new Rochr pic like I savor a new Star Wars, or Matrix movie, or better suiting you Rudi, perhaps a remake of or sequel to Blade Runner.

Zhann ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 12:22 AM

Rudy, whenever you want a screensaver made of all your stuff let me know, I'd love to put one together...

Gog ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 2:05 AM

Rudy, another great image, how long do you spend on each image, do you render larger then you post here? I often feel that post work is harder on a smaller render.....

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 12:13 PM

You were talking about making poster Rudy but have you ever considered publishing a book? I think the standard and quality of your artwork would make it very sellable and I for one would definately buy it. Then I could say to friends" have you seen this amazing book, that's my friend Rochr", lol 8), but giggles aside I really do think you should give it a thought. 8) Catlin

Rochr ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 12:53 PM

Well, this scene took more time than usual, even though ive used some old models with the new ones. About a week to build and render, and another two days for the drawing and postwork. Usually images take about 2-4 days. I knew i was going to draw the background, so i rendered it in 2000x1100. Almost to small for some of the drawings though. Havent thought about a book, but who knows. Perhaps in the future. I admit, it would be really cool. :) Zhann, thanx for the offer man. :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 4:18 PM

Amazing render! I've added you to my fav artist list :) I always thought I already did that, but it seems I never did untill now. I think a book is a really good idea. I think it'd be supercool! I'd defenitely buy a copy of it.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.