Sat, Sep 21, 6:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Impressive tree softaware. Fun link to browse.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 11:06 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 10:49 PM

Attached Link: Look in at screenshots under downloads

file_81957.jpg

Check this compaby out. They are doing stuff for the major game companies. Look at screenshots under downloads.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 12:18 AM

In a word, "whoa." I'm sure the Vue Forum would appreciate knowing about this, too. Thanks for the heads-up!

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 12:47 AM

To bad SpeedTree is only for Max/Viz, and Maya. TreeDruid for Lightwave is kinda weak and oldish. Be nice if there was something like this. Xfrog is cool, vue and bryce have their place. Howver SpeedTree is really amazing.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 12:56 AM

I wouldn't be suprised if they branch out. Usually one competitor leaps forward and the rest follow the path once they see how it is done.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 2:17 AM

groan branch out? It looks great, thanks for the tipoff Anton :)

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 3:03 AM

oh I was trying to leaf that one alone.

Burnart ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 4:24 AM

At $795 its pretty expensive, checkout the info at eon re. Vued'Esprit 4 Professional edition. It will export trees etc and is slightly cheaper at $599 - still too expensive!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 5:58 AM

Oof, I'm such a sap, I didn't twig the pun at first - maybe it's because I'm trunk as a skunk (or just plain barking). Good of you to root this out.

jarm ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 6:44 AM

I think the root of the problem with this sort of high end program offering compatiability with other programs is the cost involved, will they sell enough or be able to offer it cheaply enough. A company could spend a lot of money on development only to find they've been barking up the wrong tree. Looks great though. Any more tree related puns?

Mattb ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 6:55 AM

I'm stumped.

jarm ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 8:39 AM

I don't get that one Mattb... Oh wait, I've twigged :-)

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 8:54 AM

Okay, the Mod is stepping in to stem the tide of tree jokes. This is nut the place for them. Now orange you glad no one has started in on the truly fruity puns yet?

Lynn ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 10:22 AM

Hey, thanks for the tip! Actually, Im very familiar with what SpeedTree can do. Its used in Dark Age of Camelot, which I play sometimes when the boss isnt looking ;-) SpeedTree is a vertical market tool targeted at the game industry. Game developers use it to create nice looking trees and dramatically reduce polygon count to the point that its mostly just a few planes that load very quickly into realtime game environments. They look good from several angles, but when you flatten trees out you lose flexibility and detail. Best regards, Lynn Fredricks e-on software

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 11:12 AM

I play DAoC too. hehe

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 12:28 PM

You guys have me barking with laughter.

Porthos ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 12:45 PM

I think I'll leaf this thread! ;O)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 12:48 PM

Oak-ie dokie. :)

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 2:14 PM

certainly spruces up the afternoon. I dont think I can be swayed about the application it's rather pricey. Even though I was blown away by the images.

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 2:52 PM

Yew would be a bit of a Sap if you don't check out the demo, although I had to download it 3 times which was a real beech :) yes I'm going Barking Mad & Nuts trying to find some decent puns, on Paper it wood seem like the best idea to draw a lime under this one before I go to far ;)

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 3:39 PM

Ooh, I've been pining fir a program like that. Great for budding tree-makers. Yew know you're knot going to be to be palmed off or lumbered with rubbish. It looks like cutting-hedge technology to me. Unless, of course, it's just a plant. Oak-ey, that's it. I'm bushed now. Blooming puns! mac

Lynn ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 4:02 PM

PheonixRising, maybe we should get together a group of folks who also visit Renderosity on Dark Age of Camelot. I recommend those of you who have never played this kind of game take a look at Dark Age of Camelot. Its a lot of fun, and it will honestly give you some ideas of artwork to make in Poser, Vue and others. Best regards, Lynn Fredricks e-on software

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 4:31 PM

file_81958.jpg

I play a Bonedancer on Percival. Hard part is finding people on the same server and realm. Thisis my on one of the new griffon mounts.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 6:12 PM

Nice looking program but since it needs Maya and that cost more than my computer it's knot fur me I'll just leaf it alone and lumber on to the thread. I won't pine over something I can't use, let alone afford.

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Suede ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 5:20 PM

Wow! I have played a runemaster on Percival [Midgard] since release date PheonixRising - more off then on so Im all of lvl 36 or so currently hehe, ronstuff and I actually are members of Siol Lear, a guild of reknown on that server and which I have been associated with since EverQuest [its a sister guild of my own in EQ :)] :) Names Abbatoir DeMorte if you ever want to look me up! :) Ill just have to find and dust off my DAoC CD hehe - so post here or shoot me an email at suede@kenned.com :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.