Sun, Oct 6, 12:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Nude in the garden, help?

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 11:26 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 2:40 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_81885.jpg

what can be done to get it more realistic? Photopicture quality? Cannot seem to get it quite right. Thanks, Tony

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 11:28 AM

The model, as always is the p4-Lo female.

Valandar ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 11:35 AM

Lighting, for one. The lighting on her is far too extreme, and doesn't match the lighting of the scene.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

genny ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 11:49 AM

Put some clothes on her! LOL! Just kidding (: I have to guess, that you want her in the "nude", but where you have her, doesn't look like a garden to me. Forgive me, but I think she is waiting for a train? Even if she is "waiting" for a train, you can make it look more realistic, if you place some plants around, perhaps, a "modesty" fence or some bushes?(NO pun intended) I really don't think a women would be standing next to a railroad track, hands on her hips, stark Naked like that? That is Not a garden setting. Also, the building and the women look "porportional" in size, but the tracks look too small by comparison. I will guess that you are using a "Backdrop" prop, so maybe, if you brought it further back from the women, added stuff around her, to fill in the gaps.......it would look more....Realistic.(: Otherwise, I think your lighting is "Great", my stuff is Always toooooo dark. (: genny

Kelderek ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 1:18 PM

The lighting on her is a little too harsh and there is no lighting from behind. Outdoor scenes requires lighting from all directions, you can see very clearly on her arms and her thighs that there is no (or very little) lighting from behind. Having a back light on the figure creates a 3D feeling, the figure stands out from the background in a way that makes the depth in the picture more credible.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 1:38 PM

The background picture is just a background picture, no more. The idea was to get the most realism out of a P4-Lo res figure. The texture is a mix of 5 lady's to offend no-one. Backlight could bring a solution. To Genny, you are right of course. She would look better with some clothes on, but that was not the purpose of this show off. And, yes, I live next to a railway but thanks to some clever "insulation" (nott he right word, I'm flemisch) techniques, there is no noise inside. 2. Too dark, well I must confess that I reduced the gamma on this one. Well now I'm off. (Gonna make her some clothes and will continue on the P4 Lo Man figure ) See ya, Tony

geep ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 2:17 PM

file_81886.jpg

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 2:21 PM

Use one light (without shadow) from the front of the figure.

Use a second light over her left shoulder (with shadow) to match the direction of light in the background picture.

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Zarabanda ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 6:15 PM

for one thing, theres no depth of field. Heres a trick I use in photoshop; go into quick mask mode, select the gradient tool with black/white as foreground background and use the foreground to transparent gradient. Execute the gradient fill from top to bottom in quick mask mode. Then exit quick mask mode and perform a gaussian blur with a setting of 4. You will get a gradual blur that simulates how depth of field is seen by the human eye.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2003 at 9:19 PM

Dr Geep, I'm going to disagree with you as to the source of the outdoor light. What you see as building shadow on the grass, I see as wet ground from where they have recently washed the back porch... the hose and cleaning tools are still there! Vilters, The nature of the lighting tells me that it is coming from far left, about 10:00, with a lot of scatter. Because the inside of the rear arch is lit, I'd put the predominant light slightly behand her as well. The seond thing is to match the color of the light. Traveler at RDNA has several outdoor sets. Anton did an outdoor set, too. There are HDRI outdoor sets to try. Here one should stay with cool wintry colors and avoid the sunny peach sets. I would also fix the ambient lighting on her skin. Make it a blueish mauve instead of black. She isn't standing in a dungeon corridor waiting to be shot, and there is nothing to reflect black back at her... so why use it as the ambient? When you change the ambient on the skin, do it everywhere! If you want to get real fancy, while you are changing the ambient, make the highlight a dark chocolate and set it at 100% or so on the skin. Fingernails and other shiny places can have a smaller highlight. HTH, Carolly

Silke ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 6:22 AM

One thing I would add, which I found works relatively well when combining figures with real photos, is to select the outside edges of the figure and blur them. Reason being, if you look at a photograph, the edges on people are never sharp. It helps it blend better. Only do one or two pixels, and don't blur too much, but it really does work wonders in helping realism.

Silke

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 10:14 AM

I' am rather late with my answer, sorry. The picture was taken at about 18:00 L time on a very dark cloudy/misty day with no real sunlight.(there where no real shadows) The sun was standing in my back, and if there would have been a sun, the shadow would have to be direcly behind the figure.(did'nt like that so I put the sun at 17:00L time) Mr Geep, sorry to get you on a false idea about the "sunlight" position but the graas naxt to the house has a darker color than the rest. (Never sees the sun, this is the noth side of the house.) Yes, some blue light would have been better, after all there is "was" no sun. Thanks for the comments on the pose. Now , next question: What can be done to improve the figure??

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.