Fri, Sep 20, 7:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Wacom Tablet Fun: Gallery Image (First Attempt)

Ornlu ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 8:26 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:22 PM

Attached Link: The Fear - Painted

file_82081.jpg

Well, much to my suprise, I found out yesterday that my school has a wacom tablet in the media center. I had to try it. This was the result. It makes a pretty cool wallpaper. Enjoy and thanks for taking a peek. If you feel compelled to comment, I appreciate any left under the image.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 9:41 PM
Forum Moderator

I use an AIPTEK graphics tablet on PSP7, wow does it speed things up! I can even assign shortcuts to the tablet's 12 assign points!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Svaelt ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 3:03 AM

I use a TRUST TABLET 1200. way easier to use than fidling with a mouse

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 4:16 AM

I keep thinking about buying a tablet, but want some other new bits for the pc first :-) I wouldn't know which to buy either.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Svaelt ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 6:57 AM

all tablets are great. They mak working with images so much easier. I bought mine really cheap, it's not the best you can get but it get the job done.

jabbiati ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 7:03 AM

I bought the JAM Studio tablet for under $20. I'd never used a tablet before, but I can tell you this one sucks. I'll be getting a new one soon. Any recommendations that won't break the bank?

Ornlu ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 7:51 AM

All I've tried are wacom tablets, but trust me, they are probably the best + extremely fun.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 12:53 PM

I had a Wacom for ages and after getting used to it, I couldn't be separated from it. But it doesn't like my laptop (it's an old serial version that draws power from the keyboard socket) and so I bought a Packard Bell one. It works fine and does the job, but I don't have the same relationship that I had with the Wacom. So Wacom gets my vote. But the PB only cost about 50 GB Pounds. SO it was a bargain. BUT the major pain is, it doens't have a way of changing it from absolute to relative, so makes it real tricky to use in Bryce. The Wacom let me set each program as one or the other. This seems a good place to ask... How do they work? Can't be magnetic, is it radio waves or something? The wacom was cordless but didn't have a battery in the pen. How how how does it work?

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Ornlu ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 3:01 PM

The tablet is pressure sensitive. The harder you push down on a certain part of the tablet the darker the line will be.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 5:45 PM

Yeeeessss, but how does that work. I mean technically, how does the tablet know where the pen is, how hard it's being pressed etc. There're no cables linking the pen now a days. Just amazes me. With a mouse, I can work out how that works. But tablets.... amazing. (OK, yeah, I'm easily impressed)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2003 at 10:02 PM

I use a Wacom Intuos 2 6x8 tablet with Photoshop, Painter, Illustrator, 3D Studio Max and I love it and think they're great. This model cost a little over $300.00 USD. They allow you the freedom to be more natural when sketching and painting. I have no clue as to exactly how they work.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.