Fri, Oct 4, 4:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: P5 MAT pose/material room weirdness

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 12:31 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:28 PM

file_82269.jpg

Hi all, I hope someone can help cos this is driving me crazy! I've made a MAT pose using MAT Pose Edit 3 (beta - I'm one of the testers) for a new texture I've made for V3. Everything works fine - except for her eyes. See the pic above - unrendered it looks correct, but rendered (and I've tried both Firefly and P4) the eye textures don't show. What gives? (continued below...)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 12:47 PM

file_82270.jpg

Now, when I go into the material room, I get what you see above. The texture is loaded correctly for the relevant materials, and it's the right path. But - nothing shows up, no texture in the preview window, just a blank white square (fig 3). If I delete the node completely, make a new node and then load the same texture into that node, it shows up fine (fig 4). WHAT GIVES?!?! I'm convinced that this is a P5 problem and not a problem with MPE, because it is loading the texture - just for some reason not recognising it. I'm not using any P5-specific nodes, just the texture in diffuse and specular, the ambient light setting and obviously trans maps, and they're all fine. It's doing my head in!!

"you are terrifying

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 12:56 PM

Welcome to P5. Have you been loading a bunch of texture files, testing the MAT files? If so, try closing P5 completely then restarting it. A full reboot of your machine may be in order. I have this happen after a random number of texture changes using MAT files. I spent several hours one day trying to debug a MAT file before realizing it was P5, not me. What helps sometimes is if I load a blank P5 material file - it has the default settings, no transparencies, nothing. Sometimes using that between MAT files will help. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, let me know and I'll .zip up my blank Material file. Cheers!

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 2:14 PM

Hi Crescent, Thanks for the suggestions - unfortunately, after rebooting and clearing out all my cache files, it's still happening! I've tried loading up a new V3 and using the "V3 all white" mat pose for her and then applying my MAT pose - same results. GRRR! Tearing my hair out here and thinking Hallowe'en has got to my machine! LOL

"you are terrifying

scourge ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 3:34 PM

Karen, I'm working hard on this issue right now. It's also a problem with MPE: the MAT files should contain the nodes so that P5 would apply the MATs properly. Testing has been difficult for me because I don't have P5 but I've still managed to get 100% working results with the in-progress MPE beta which creates the needed node data in the pose files. You'll be able to test it very soon. It would help me if you e-mailed the MAT file to me. I can then make the needed adjustments and additions to it and send the fixed file to you for testing with P5. Thanks, Ilari

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 4:42 PM

Hi Ilari! Well, I have managed to get it working, although not in the way I wanted. I ended up loading a DAZ V3 MAT file into MPE, and then just changed all the texture maps to my maps. When I saved it out again, it worked first time. I'll email you the file I started with, along with the one I got to work, and see if you can work it out! Cheers, Karen

"you are terrifying

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 3:15 AM

It sometimes happen with MAT poses and P5. I remember I had the same issue with a Mat pose for Victor (my free male V3 texture) It turned out that the texture was loaded ok but the texture STRENGTH had mysteriously put itself at 0% instead of the desired 100%. Have a look and see if it isn't the case here as well. I bet it is. And as far as I could see it WASN'T a MAT problem, but solely a P5 one.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

williamsheil ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 4:58 AM

There was a similar bug found with the "apply to all" menu option (SR3), i.e. the image map nodes seem to be correct but no actual texture appears in any of the preview windows. Reselecting the texture from the pulldown menu of the texture selection dialog seems to fix this without necessitating a restart of Poser. Bill

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.