Sun, Sep 22, 2:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Vue Pro volumetrics

wulfie66 ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 2:05 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Hey guys, Just been playin around with VuePro and was wondering if anyone can tell me how the heck to do the classic 'light rays through the foliage' kind of image? I'm looking at the volumetric atmosphere and volume lights...but it still doesn't seem to shine 'through' my trees! :( Any and all help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

BigGreenFurryThing ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 2:59 AM

file_81704.jpg

Is this the kind of effect you're after?

Cheers,
Mark

wulfie66 ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 3:05 AM

Yeah, that's the kind of effect I'm after..but with the 'sunlight' instead of a spotlight...i.e. so the whole landscape is illuminated.

BigGreenFurryThing ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 5:04 AM

Attached Link: http://www.thomaskrahn.com/Tutorials.The_making_of_Aragiaua.htm

Volumetric atmospheres don't give shafts of light (although I'm happy for someone to prove me wrong). Try using one large powerful volumetric spot place high above the scene (see Thomas Krahn's excellent tutorial on the above link). Personally I'd use multiple volumetric spots which is trickier but gives more control over the overall effect.

Cheers,
Mark

Purloinius ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 12:26 PM

use a lighting gel too or at least play around with it

grunthor ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2003 at 9:46 PM

You can put an alpha plane, with some kind of dappling pattern on it (I like leaves), in between your volumetric spot lights and the subject. This gives you a little more control over the "shafts" of light.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2003 at 3:31 AM

Might be talking out of my league here ... but there's an option to "show fog in light" which gives a nice effect. -Tim

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.