Thu, Sep 19, 4:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: First Judy Character, You can't get any where else, I call her Amy

akura_ ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2003 at 8:23 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:36 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_83064.jpg

What do you think about her. She's going to be like the DAZ People. Amy 1 high res, Amy 2 high res, Amy 3 high res, Amy 1 & 2 low res, Judy clothes fit on her. Haven't made special clothes for her yet.

leather-guy ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2003 at 8:51 PM

Attached Link: http://www.iw43d.com/Poser/Humans/Amy/Amy.htm

That might cause some confusion - there's already an original mesh character by iw4d named Amy released last year. Quite a cutey, too. Perhaps another name or a variation? Maybe J(udy)-Amy or Jamey - or perhaps you could hold a little contest for name suggestions.

akura_ ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2003 at 9:49 PM

Ok I'll name her Jessica.

akura_ ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2003 at 9:51 PM

oh by the way she's just a beta, need some suggetions to make her better.

akura_ ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2003 at 10:58 PM

ok i need a name for her that hasn't been used yet. please help.

leather-guy ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2003 at 11:18 PM

Make up 2 or 3 renders for variety and post them in a string to start a thread requesting suggestions. A closeup or two, would help determine "her" personality. Will this be a commercial package or free? (If commercial, someone may make a fuss about posting here instead of Product Showcase.) I still think Jamey (Jamie?) would work.

akura_ ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2003 at 12:17 AM

file_83065.jpg

I'm not sure yet about selling her. Got to make her better before I think about doing that and I have to get a site or ask someone to post her for me. I think she's less than a mb. but heres a close ups

akura_ ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2003 at 12:19 AM

file_83066.jpg

image 2

akura_ ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2003 at 12:22 AM

file_83067.jpg

image 3. here are some renders I did with a custom hair color I did myself using paint shop pro 8.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2003 at 12:56 AM

I don't know. To me she still looks too much like Judy. The nose is screaming JUDY and so is the mouth and eyes. You've made her look friendly, and that's a good start, but in order to make her a "new" character I think she needs more work. :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

leather-guy ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2003 at 1:10 AM

Reminds me of Lauren Holly - actress from "Dumb and Dumber" and "Picket Fences"

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2003 at 9:23 AM

IMHO, she has a facial resemblance to Don - so how about you call her "Donna" ??

FishNose ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2003 at 12:15 PM

Well if you're serious about making her commercial, you have a lot of work still to do.... you need to make a character that people REALLY want to buy, since the competition is enormous. Make her unique, get rid of the 'Judy' in Judy, otherwise people don't feel you are offering anything worth buying. I suggest you do a lot more work on her before attempting a commercial release. The texture (if it's your own creation) needs a LOT of work, the morphs need plenty as well and presentation (rendering etc) is crucial in a commercial venture. Try releasing your first character(s) as freebie(s), see what response you get and learn by that. Find out what the market wants. :] Fish

akura_ ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2003 at 4:33 PM

thanks. i'll do that. i'm still learning how to use poser 5 myself so. please bear with me

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2003 at 5:28 PM

You can get baby name books for a dollar or so which have "meanings" (they usually don't bear much resemblance to what the names really mean, but the lists of variants are handy). There is a web site put up by one of those numerical cabbalist societies with 80,000 names on it. Names are not hard. I'd avoid "Amy" since that particular model was originally tainted with ripped-off mesh. Carolly

akura_ ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2003 at 7:47 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_83068.jpg

here is the recent version of my character the left one is the new version and the right one is judy.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2003 at 10:42 PM

She looks a bit like boris karloff... You could call her Doris karloff.

akura_ ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2003 at 12:14 AM

Ok, while she is being worked on. I hear by name her Ladia. If that name isn't taken. please check back, as i'll still be making new versions untill she gets better and cuiter.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.