Tue, Oct 22, 3:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Waiting and waiting and waiting and.........................................

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2003 at 4:07 PM · edited Fri, 18 October 2024 at 1:22 AM

The site has recently supposedly been doing lots of upgrades and supposedly making changes to increase the speed of the site. But for the past couple of weeks this place has been slowing to the speed of a slug and more often than not, after waiting for ages, the page won't even open. I have been getting SQL to many connection warnings or page can't be found or page opens but there is nothing on it apart from the header. Apart from that, when trying to navigate the site it can take up to 5 mins to open a page. This is becoming very tiresome and on several occasions I've gone elsewhere because being here is a simple non-pleasure. Will there be any fixes for this continuing problem, I'm not the only one to have this problem, You are continually saying that things will be put right but it appears that every new fix you put in place slows the site even more. I do hope that someone will step forward to answer this question because it's making this site a nightmare to visit. Unhappy camper. 8( Catlin

cloughie ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2003 at 4:25 PM

Yes!!!! Yes!!!! See My Forum Comment after Yours....and this is the second time that I have complained!!!!

gps ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2003 at 5:04 PM

Same problems here - 'too many connection' warnings, extremely sluggish navigation, and for the last two days I haven't been able to get the Poser forum to open at all.

cloughie ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2003 at 5:15 PM

Excellent....Us Brits are always complaining and that is the only way to get thing fixed!!!! Take Care!!!! Alan.

bogwoppet ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2003 at 5:27 PM

If I owned RR which fortunately under the circumstances, I don't, I would be looking at all this negative feedback and do something about it - pronto. Almost every other post is about poor speed, poor connection or not being able to get on at all. This is your business! If I ran my business like that I'd go broke! And doing something about it requires a lot more than restricting uploads and recoding. You need bandwidth and a ton of it for this to improve. We all love it here which is why you have a problem (maybe you made it too good). We don't know (or at least I don't know)just how big a company RR is and for all I know it is a server sitting in someones bedroom. But, I suspect, it's a bit larger than that, so maybe you can afford to make some major upgrades. This problem is not going away by itself or by ignoring it and if anything it will get worse. Your loyal members have put up with discomfort for weeks on end but frustration will eventually set in and they will begin to dwindle (leave). It's a shame that we have to keep posting like this, we aren't doing it for our health or because we are bored - most of us would rather be doing something more constructive. And why do we keep getting the same lame answers - it is wearing very thin. This is my last post on the subject, I will monitor the posts of other members and also see if there is an improvement in speed - if not, I'm out of here for good - RDNA, Daz and 3D Community have pretty good stocks and galleries and forums and the speed is a whole lot better. I have spent a great deal of money here (check my records) so why not listen to the customers for a change, without us you won't need any bandwidth!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2003 at 6:05 PM

Well I finally got to see your response bogwoppet but it took 4 attempts and a couple of page cannot be founds to do it. We really do need some constructive action to be taken. Catlin

cloughie ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2003 at 6:09 PM

AGREE! AGREE! AGREE! LET'S HAVE A REFERENDUM....TONY BLAIR MAY BE FRIGHTENED OF DOING SO....BUT HE'S NOT AN RR ARTIST!!! ;-) cloughie!

ocddoug ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2003 at 6:11 PM

Same problems here of course. They ought to be posting these speed issues on the front page, along with what, if anything, they are doing to fix it.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2003 at 12:30 AM

I think they are up to their eyeballs in site code, they can't get to the frontpage, lol. MUCH better here now (california), pages are actually loading! AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2003 at 12:48 AM

Well...Now after getting th SQ error, I finally made it back in and am now flying thru here...dont think I have ever seen these pages here load so fast... continues keeping her fingers and toes crossed

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2003 at 6:05 PM

Same here, loading real well now. The site techs are going through the list of bugs to fix one by one now. AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2003 at 6:16 PM

I've been locked out since I got up this morning at 7:30am and I only got access at 11:30pm tonight. I just hope that they get all these problems resolved as soon a possible 'cos it's driving me mad. You know, I didn't realize before how much a part of my life this place is, I'm in here every day, and it is most distressing to be denied access to all the good friends I've made here, and all the gossip. lol 8) Catlin

cloughie ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2003 at 2:27 AM

Yep!!!! it's 08.30 here in the UK now and the loading is very much quicker!!!!! Thanks a lot and get the Techiess to keep it this way!!!! cloughie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.