Thu, Sep 19, 8:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Batch Conersion of .BUM files?

macdubhgal ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2003 at 1:24 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:47 PM

Is there a way to do batch conversion of .BUM to .jpg files? I have Pro Pack, and all the searches for .BUM files are driving me nuts, since PP doesn't make use of them! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Mac

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2003 at 1:49 PM

GraphicConverter (Mac OS).

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2003 at 4:09 PM

CorrectReference (here in Free Stuff) will change all the files to LOOK for a jpg instead of a Bum. No more BUM searches after that :o) It also makes Poser run generally faster, but be aware that the first time you do a "CorrectReference" on your Runtime it can take a VERY long time (mine took 8 hours!!!) - of course that's depending on the size of your Runtime.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

macdubhgal ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2003 at 4:13 PM

WOW! CR DID do the trick! AND you're right, it sped things up dramatically! Thanks for the tip Ernyoka! Mac

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2003 at 4:23 PM

Er... but... you can't possibly have read my post, downloaded CR AND run it on your runtime in 4 minutes?! I'm glad it helped, but.. I'm a bit confused here LOL

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

macdubhgal ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2003 at 2:12 AM

No. I had it downloaded but left it uninstalled along with a ton of other Poser downloads I've picked up along the way. Installed it and ran it on the file that was giving me trouble and now everything is right where it should be!

macdubhgal ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2003 at 2:17 AM

Now I've run it on the rest of my Runtime and I'm stunned. Something like 1,407 corrections I think. Maybe it was more... But the files are loading much faster now (relatively speaking) and things aren't hanging up half as much on the renders now. I have gotten yet another Pagefile Increase message from Windows. Still don't seem to have tracked that one totally down, but CR cleaned up a majority of the problem! Wondered what that was for! Had it in my yet to be installed Utilities folder.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.