Sun, Sep 22, 3:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Problems with "Go to" actions after publishing

mussert ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2000 at 3:25 PM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 6:50 AM

Attached Link: http://www.meerkerk.net/cv2.fla

A week ago I bought the book Flash 4! Creative Web Animation. Today I did a first attempt to make a movie but I encountered problems with button interactivity. I made a movie of 3 scenes, the first scene is an intro with 3 buttons, those buttons each triggering their own particulary scene ... well this works all nice in the Flash 4 interface (after enabling buttons), but when I test the movie or publish it the interactivity of the buttons are gone. Via the attached mail you can download the flash movie I made (157 kB)to see the problem yourself (beware it is still under construction and I am a newbie ofcourse). With regards, Mussert

ScottA ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2000 at 8:37 AM

This is an interesting example. The first button does work. the one with the pic of the coffee cup. The reason is because it has an action applied to it in the scene window. And there aren't any more actions in the project. So that's why the others don't work. Right click on symbol 28 in the scene (default) window. Then select the actions tab. Note the action applied. I'm a newbie myself. But I think most people set up a button's actions in the edit window. Not the movie scene like this one is. To get to the edit window. Double click a button in the library window. And the edit window will replace the scene window. Then you'll see four blocks where the timeline is. These are where you set up the buttons actions. The Hit block is usually where you add the goto or whatever action. Just add the actions to your other buttons. And it should work. ScottA

ScottA ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2000 at 4:16 PM

Umm. You might want to forget what I just said. Hey. What do expect from a newbie? ;-). Here's specifically what's wrong with the movie: 1.) select scene 1 2.) go to frame 60 3.) disable the "enable buttons" and "enable frame actions" 4.) double click on the portfolio picture (shapes pic) 5.) in the actions tab. Give it an action like the coffe cup picture has. To whatever scene you want it to open when clicked. 6.) now click on the blued tree picture (symbol 28)in the middle and delete it. 7.) drag and drop "symbol 23" from the library to the scene where the old tree pic was 8.) double click that pic and give it an action like you did earlier. That should fix all the problems. You can now enable the buttons and stuff again if you'd like to test the movie in flash. You seem to have duplicate buttons of that blue tree. symbol 28 is not working properly. Not sure why. Could be you can't have duplicates or that pic is corrupted or something. Thanks for the challenge. I learned something new about controlling scenes by debugging this for ya. ScottA

mussert ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2000 at 4:57 PM

Many thanks for solving this problem !! The movie is now working as it should, thanks for taking time to debug it.

A happy newbie :-)

Mussert

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.