Fri, Sep 20, 6:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Cellulite

dkirk ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2003 at 10:28 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:35 AM

I've been tasked with putting together a small animation for a local plastic surgeon. It must show a rather large female with cellulite transforming into a petite female without cellulite. Additionally the figure must rotate during the transformation. I will be using Flash to fill in most of the frames so a full 'Poser' animation is not neccessary. However I would like feedback/suggestions - 1. is this practical or possible using only Poser 5 / Vicky 3 (with all Full Body Injections) parameter dials 2. do I also need to create, or modify existing textures to create the illusion of cellulite If anyone has suggestions (and I realize a full blown tutorial is impractical) regarding the modeling or texturing please jump in. I have no experience modifying textures to create the illusion of cellulite so without any practical feedback, I will obviously be spending quite a bit of time experimenting and rendering.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2003 at 12:10 AM

Cellulite could be made easily using bump maps...

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2003 at 6:17 AM

Yes, I think it's quite practical and possible using only Poser 5 and Vicky 3's standard parameter dials. No plastic surgeon can transform a patient as much as Vicky's "heavy" dial transforms her. :-) Xantor's right, cellulite is very easy to make with with bump/displacement maps. I've made it by accident many a time, while trying to make my own textures. (A texture artist I'm not, LOL!)

RawArt ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2003 at 8:18 AM

A quick way to simulate cellulite on a texture is 1)open the texture in photoshop 2)make a new layer 3)use one of the bodyhair brushes (at RDNA I beleive) and paint into the new layer using a colour sampled from the skintone (so this should make the the hairs practically invisible) 4)then go to "layer effects" and add an "outer bevel" to these hairs...and play with the depth and softness of the bevel till it looks convincing. 5) save the texture under a new name and make a bump for it too. This is just off the top of my head though ;) Rawnrr

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2003 at 4:28 PM

I agree that V2 or 3 with a good bumpmap should do the trick. I've had some serious 'cauliflower thighs' happen when texturing, so its quite possible

dkirk ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2003 at 7:24 PM

Okay...I really appreciate all the feedback. I do not ask for advice often regarding Poser, but this is always the place I post questions.

Xena ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2003 at 7:52 PM

Scanned orange peel would be perfect for cellulite bump mapping.

dkirk ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 3:43 PM

Hmmm...very interesting Xena. I was actually trying to simulate just that effect in Photoshop yesterday with absolutely no luck. Will have to make a special trip to the grocery store tonight for sure. Thank you!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.