Tue, Sep 24, 9:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: that washed out look? head shot

delboyo ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 1:17 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 9:35 AM

i have taken some head shots of my daughter and would like to try that white washed out look that you see in some of the magazines where the eyes, eyebrows, some of the nose, and lips are the prominent features i have tried various things but with little success. thanks in advance

bonestructure ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 1:29 PM

Okay, here's a way to cheat. Create a canvas the same size as your image. Give it a white background. Copy and paste two copies of your image on top of it. You'll have three layers. Make the top layer invisible for the moment. activate the layer that shows. Go to layer style/blending options and adjust the opacity until you get it as washed out looking as you like. Make your top layer visible again, select and delete everything you don't want to have the saturation you want (eyes, lips, etc.) then adjust the transparency layer on that one until it looks right to you.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

retrocity ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 6:01 PM

can you post an example?

bonestructure ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 8:13 PM

file_83945.jpg

well, I don't use it very often, but this is something like

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 8:23 PM

file_83946.jpg

Not sure what "washed out" means...could mean a lot of different things, like the one I did of my wife.

In this one, I made sure the photo was over exposed (but not too much) and then worked on contrast and saturation till I got what I wanted. If you have a photo done with a "normal" exposure, you should be able to do something similar.

Of course, as I said, not sure what you meant by washed out.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 8:25 PM

One other thought...if I may be so bold...post one of the images and let someone "tinker" with it and then if you like what you have seen, then they can tell you how they did it. Then you can use that info and "tinker" with it just the way you like.

retrocity ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 9:40 PM

great idea
;)
retrocity

delboyo ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 2:04 AM

thanks for your replys i will give them a try, derek

Serious ( ) posted Sun, 23 November 2003 at 1:34 AM

I guess I whould do it this way: If you have already an image you want to "confirm", make a new layer, apply white gradient and use on it filter-blur-motion_blur. Then merge down layers with satisfactionable opacity :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.