Sat, Sep 21, 6:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: What is SPatch?

gusdrum ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 9:25 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:03 PM

Recently I was seeing the Poser gallery and I was impressed with the photography Aurade gerberc, in this photo it mentions that the rocks are done with the SPatch. Somebody knows that it is the SPatch? Thanks.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 9:42 PM

I'm not sure if it's openly available any more. I heard that the creator was working on a better version, hamaPatch.

gusdrum ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 10:30 PM

Tanks.

millman ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 11:50 PM

THink it's still available, no support and helpfile nonexistant. Mesh modeling tool, I use it with POVRay. Works good, but mesh files in POV are bloated compared to the CSG objects.

who3d ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 12:04 PM

It's an incredibly small mesh editor, using b-spline patches rather than angular meshes based on triangles or quads, if I recall correctly. I really miss using it, but its import/export features were too few. That hammaPatch might be related suggests I look into it - cheers for that comment LD!

bijouchat ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 10:43 PM

hamapatch is wonderful, I first learned modelling with hamapatch! its not done by the same author as Spatch though... but it will import Spatch files, and export obj. But watch for the normals being every which why though...

millman ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 11:18 PM

http://www.geocities.com/getspatch/ Self explanatory.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.