Fri, Sep 27, 10:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 9:03 am)

Subject: Mike 2.0 As Tom Cruise work in progress

DarkMatter_ ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 10:23 AM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 10:22 AM

I just thought I would show what Mike 2.0 can do and Mike 3.0 can't do.

DarkMatter_ ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 10:39 AM

This is a challenge by the way to see if anyone can make mike 3 look like tom cruise.

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 10:42 AM

the face is way too narrow to be tom cruise

My website

YouTube Channel

DarkMatter_ ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 11:05 AM

Well if that's all it is....lol

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 11:11 AM

Needs work on the nose and the eyebrows as well. Marque

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 11:21 AM

Is it original DAZ morphs only? I think the eyes are fantastic. The rest of his face doesn't look much like Tom Cruise, though.

DarkMatter_ ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 11:59 AM

file_84370.jpg

rendered version takes awahile to render because map is BIG BIG BIG.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 12:20 PM

DM, he looks great, though. I knew who it was supposed to be the moment I saw the first picture. It looks like you're using a low lens MM though. You might want to try boosting it to about 120-150, if you haven't, already.

Kreations By Khrys

DarkMatter_ ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 12:27 PM

This is poser 4, Not sure what a low lens is?

DarkMatter_ ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 12:29 PM

All mike 2.0 morphs

DarkMatter_ ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 12:50 PM

Well I think I did pretty good considering the resolution of the poser figure I am working with.....Looks like Tom Cruise to me, Guess maybe it's my own perspective hmmmm.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 12:53 PM

Khrys is suggesting the Focal Length of the camera needs to be increased. Select the camera from the drop down list under the workspace and it's the first parameter dial.

dirk5027 ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 2:06 PM

you are doing very well, he does look like tom cruise for sure, the nose looks a bit big for tommy boy, but boy you nailed the eye area and no without custom made morphs, m3 can't touch m2 for custom faces

CoreArts ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 5:17 PM

the nose is way to big

pixelwks ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 5:34 PM

The nose looks like Dustin Hoffman. Great work so far.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 5:52 PM

I think it looks like Cruise - especially if you make the body, nose and jaw more feminine. In real life, 95% of guys are much more gynandromorphous that M2 default. It's true that M2 and Freak users prefer a steroid, inflexible look, but that's just their reaction against the reality they see on the streets.

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 6:20 PM

file_84371.jpg

"if you make the body, nose and jaw more feminine. In real life, 95% of guys are much more gynandromorphous" ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Why in hell would he want to do that ????? there is NOTHING feminine about Mr. Cruises nose or jaw line!!

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 6:30 PM

BTW: I take major exception to the notion that rugged masculine looks are somehow always the result of steroids . some of us men have been highly masculinezed in our appearence by our own natural nature given testosterone just have a look at the" Mr natural america" and other drug free bodybuilding competitions where the athletes are subjected to rigid IOC testing for artificial steroids. you will find guy sthat look like the freak and M2 and do it with good old fashion nutrition genetics and clean living :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

DarkMatter_ ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 7:43 PM

SERIOUS what we need is mike 2.0's head on mike 3.0's body, that way we can have the morphs and the high rez body joints and fixes.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2003 at 12:04 AM

Why tom cruise? There already is a poser geek...

DarkMatter_ ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2003 at 7:07 AM

I wanted to choose someone I thought would be hard to morph to see if Mike 2.0 and mike 3.0 COULD DO IT mIKE 3.O did't get there even though I thought he would work better for this type of face. whoever made the morphs for mike 2.0 should make a new set for mike 3.0 because something theyt did made the mike 2.0 morphs flexible without alot of cross talk like mike 3.0 has between moeph targets.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2003 at 9:54 AM

Ok I was only joking...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.