Sat, Sep 21, 8:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Need a little help please....

Seven Wolves ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 3:14 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 9:38 PM

I have downloaded several clothing prop files that contain a readme file mentioning "Run the objaction mover, etc." Could someone tell me what that is, and if I need to download it from somewhere? I'm kinda new at this, and eager to get started. Also, I had downloaded the bikini for Victoria when Zygote was giving it away, and in the process of transfering files from my old pc to the new one, the data got corrupted and now I don't have it. (Vicky survived). I was hoping maybe someone could tell me if I could get another without buying the whole clothes pack? Thanks in advance for any help. I appreciate it :)

Lemurtek ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 4:16 PM

Objaction Mover is a utility by a person named Maz, basically it encodes a Poser object so only someone who has Poser can use it. You can find it in the free stuff: http://www.renderosity.com/download.ez?uploadid=1476 Regards- Lemurtek

Gromit ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2000 at 1:46 AM

In the case you're talking about, you would use Mover to decode the .PCF files you got with those props. My understanding is that the .PCF file only holds the differences between the original, Poser/Zygote figure and the new, modified figure, not a complete figure. What happens when you decode is that Mover takes the original figure file, which you must already own, applies the modifications in the .PCF file, and creates a new figure. That's my understanding, any number of more experienced people here would know better than me. Gromit

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.