Tue, Oct 22, 2:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: RHINO or Carrara

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2000 at 8:32 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:28 AM

i have heard they are both great 3d image rendering programs. which one would you recommend

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2000 at 8:51 AM

To be honest the only way I know is to see if you can try before you buy. I know not all software producers allow this. TS does have a demo version at www.caligari.com Its now the program I do all my modeling in. You may try the other sites to see if they have similar. Generally you get what you pay for, after that its personal preference. That said you may like to review the free program from http://www.anim8or.com/ Hope this helps PhilC www.philc.net

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2000 at 8:57 AM

What is this TS?

ohman ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2000 at 11:00 AM

I'd vote for Rhino. (TS = TrueSpace) /Ohman

Kerrwolf ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2000 at 11:28 AM

I'd vote for Rhino, but you really should try each out before deciding.

Pinto ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2000 at 12:46 PM

How about Inspire? How does it compare? Pinto

martial ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2000 at 6:13 PM

I also vote for Rhino if you want modeling but Rhino cannot render like Carrara and it cannot animate too .I like Carrara interface but it is so buggy(may be someday with version 2,i hope) and Rhino is a nice and powerfull nurbs modelling soft

davo ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2000 at 9:00 PM

Martial is correct about Rhino not being able to do great renders, but it is a fantastic modeller!! However, the makers of Rhino is creating a program called Flamingo which will allow much much better rendering capability in Rhino. Flamingo is Rhino's version of Accurender, (accurender is a great rendering program built for autocad). Soooo..In the long run, you will probably be more happy with Rhino. Davo

Spike ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2000 at 12:09 PM

Rhino gets my vote. Also Rhino 2.0 is due out in a few weeks.

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.