Sun, Oct 6, 2:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: The open GL thing...

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 23 November 2003 at 7:56 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:24 PM

I enabled it. (hey, I'm walking through Guitta's tutorial and noticed the grayed shapes... read that this is openGL and switched it on) However... After just a short time, I have a wireframe overlay on those things. And when I move anything it looks like Vue doesn't know I moved it. It looks like it thinks I copied it because the wireframe is still there - in addition to one in the place where I moved it. After a while it gets terribly cluttered and I can't find anything. :( I'd like to use the smooth shaded view, it's much easier to deal with when putting other stuff into a scene, but... I can't be running out out RAM, I am on 1.2gb of the stuff, HDD space aplenty, GF4 Ti4800 128mb RAM so surely that can't be it either... Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I don't know if I described it properly... I've tried several settings on the OpenGL, now I have everything turned off in it, and its still doing it... Oh and now it just blinks out it seems. It's really bad :( Gonna turn it off again so I can do anything at all, but it's annoying. I've patched it to 4.2 and I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers.

Silke

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 23 November 2003 at 8:05 AM

This is an issue of your graphic card. Switch OpenGl off:-) and see in our FAQ the graphic cards that works for sure with Vue. Guitta

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 23 November 2003 at 8:23 AM

One word... Crap :( I really would feel so much better if this worked. Seems to work for others with the Ti4200 and the Ti4800 doesn't work with OpenGL at all. The wireframe mode is a total pain when it comes to positioning anything. I can't tell if it's on the terrain or not :( More practicing I guess.

Silke

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 23 November 2003 at 8:33 AM

file_85189.jpg

Even in wireframe you can give different colors to your objects.

To make sit an object (tree, plant, house or whatever) exactly on a terrain, bring the object over the terrain, then click the Drop Objects icon (last icon on the left menu).

:-)Guitta

regaltwo ( ) posted Sun, 23 November 2003 at 9:00 AM

I'll be damned! I had no idea you could vary the colors like that. That'll be very useful. Is there anything you don't know about Vue, gebe? :)

pzrite ( ) posted Sun, 23 November 2003 at 11:20 AM

I was having the same problem. And thanks for your suggestions gebe. But when I load a Poser figure, all I can see in the wireframe mode is a few dots here and there of Vicki 3. Any recommendations on getting a clearer wireframe? Thanks!

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 23 November 2003 at 11:27 AM

Yes, but this will slow down your Vue. Go to FILE-->OPTIONS and bring the sliders of the 3d display quality to a highter value. :-)Guitta

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 23 November 2003 at 5:27 PM

Thanks Guitta! That'll help a LOT :) I'll also be posting my first gasp Vue / Poser render later. (It's still rendering lol) Quite pleased with it, not perfect, but... heheheh lets just say you don't want to run into that when you're out walking your dog around dawn... Silke

Silke

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 23 November 2003 at 6:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=545605&Start=1&Artist=Silke&ByArtist=Yes

Wheeeeeeee I did it!

LOL.
Don't ask.
I was fighting with Hydra, who was quite intent on doing what it wanted. Must be those three heads...

Silke

Silke

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2003 at 2:12 AM

Very nice first render Silke. You will love Vue:-) Guitta

Beadazzle ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 10:50 PM

The Funny or not so funny thing about the Vue4 program and the GF4 cards is that even if you cut the opengl out and raise the 3d slider higher is in most cases it will work,sadly my machine is almost exactly alike like yours Silke,only difference being the brand name probably and i still get little white squares in the main frame if i move my mouse in that square. The advice given for the grey shapes does work,i think i asked the same question quit awhile back. So i decided to do a comparisom today on version 3 and 4 with the same machine,Vue 4 has glitches still and Vue3 runs like a champ on my machine. The big downfall tho is i don't get all the goody's we get with version4,so i guess it's a matter of whether i put up with a headache or as the lady's on the "View" sat"enjoy the Vue3". :) I still trust in the makers of this program to fix these problems and issues say in Vue5.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.