Sat, Sep 21, 2:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: HELP: What's wrong here? Poser5 and Vue4

Tintifax ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2003 at 3:05 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:47 AM

I'm a little bit confused and I need help. Everything seemed to work fine, but... I created several Runtime folder for Poser5. Poser5 | -- Runtime | -- DazRuntime | | | -- Runtime | -- MyRuntime | -- Runtime Put all the Daz stuff in one folder and all my items in MyRuntime folder. Works perfect with Poser5. I use several items from all Runtime folder and save the resulting *.pz3. Then I try to import it in Vue4. The character (Vicky) imports including textures, Koz Hair and a smart prop from MyRuntime folder (hair and prop do not have external geometry). The props (floor and walls with external geometry) do not load. I get an error: cannot open resource file RuntimeGeometriesTFXStarPavilionStarPavilion.obj. It seems that Vue doesn't find the external geometry in the MyRuntime folder. Anyone seen this before? Is this a known issue? Is it necessary to keep the geometry files in the main Runtime folder? Why does it work for Vicky then? PLEASE HELP Thanks - Walter

Tintifax ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2003 at 3:06 PM

seems the blanks in the directory structure have been removed, but I think you know how I organized this anyway.

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2003 at 3:07 PM

HM, I cannot help you here, as I have only one runtime folder and every thing is in there. Works perfectly.

Tintifax ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2003 at 3:21 PM

Thanks for the try. Maybe someone else? I love the idea of multiple Runtime folder. I have V3 and M3 and the injection files really flood ones Pose folder.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2003 at 4:45 PM

Tintifax -- I ran into this issue, too. Vue 4.2 does not "look" for required .obj files anywhere except under the main Poser Runtime directory. Vue does not track .obj files in multiple runtimes. Unfortunately, the only solution that I found is to copy the contents of all of your Geometries folders from each runtime into your P5 main runtime folder. Of course, at your option, you can copy only the specific .obj files that you need. But, to me, this is a hassle. I just copy over the entire Geometries folder. It's a pain, I know.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

martindj ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2003 at 7:39 PM

Yes, the problem is that Poser creates a .pz3 with full pathnames for textures, etc. but doesn't put a full path in for .obj files (in Geometries folder). I always edit the .pz3 in a text editor and replace the relative paths (which use a ":") with full paths (e.g. C:Poser5runtimewhatever). This usually happens for items such as hair.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2003 at 8:08 PM

Thanks, martindj.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Tintifax ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 12:56 AM

Thanks XENOPHONZ, martindj. I was afraid that might be the case. So I will also copy the geometry folder to the main runtime. If there are no other side effect, this is a manageable way to do. I try to avoid editing the *.pz3. They can be quite large. External geometry seems to work with figureResFile though. Thanks again. - Walter

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 1:37 AM

before you copy everything, try to do an alias instead and copy that into the other runtime folder. With material folder it helped in my (Mac) version of Vue. So that i dont have to have everything twice - for Pro and 4.2. But it caused crashes when i did aliases of individual files - only folders wored for me. Another problem i bumped into was, when i named my folders with specific characters. Characters that my OS allowes but Vue does not recognizes. I think I don't think so, that this is the problem in your case (the message you have posted does not show a strange character as far as i can see), i only want to tell this so that you can check it as well. Walther

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Tintifax ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 2:25 PM

Thanks for the hint Walther. Links work very strange on a PC (not unix like). I don't think Vue or Poser can handle that correctly, but I'll give it a try. - Walter

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 3:07 PM

Please tell us wether it works - i am curious. Walther

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.