Thu, Sep 19, 3:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Great special offer for Poser users

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 10:10 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:25 PM

Vue d'Esprit and Poser are widely recognized as perfect companion products to each other. But many have only been able to afford only 1 of these 2 products. Curious Labs and e-on software have teamed up to offer you this very special, pre-holiday savings, but only for a limited time!

Poser users can now get Vue d'Esprit 4.2 for ONLY $99. That's a 50% savings!
To get Vue d'Esprit 4.2, go to http://www.e-onsoftware.com/p5

Vue d'Esprit users can now get Poser 5 for Win. or OSX for ONLY $149. Again, a 50% savings!
To get Poser 5, go to www.curiouslabs.com/go/vueoffer

This offer is only good through November, 2003!

Vue d'Esprit 4.2 comes with 2 CDs, bursting with 30 SolidGrowth(tm)2 tree and plants, over 100 atmospheres, 100 types of clouds, 300 materials, 250 high quality fully textured 3D objects and over 50 example scenes. The perfect tool to create breathtaking atmospheres with a photorealistic renderer and lighting engine. The native Poser format can be directly imported into any Vue scene. Purchase now or register to qualify for this offer later. For more details on Vue d'Esprit, go to http://www.e-onsoftware.com/p5

Poser 5 is the ultimate tool for creating one the human form. Eloquently create amazingly easy, photorealistic characters with for both still and animated artwork. Poser gives you the power to create highly detailed, customized characters and scenes, yet also offers hundreds of libraries of ready-to-use characters, facial expressions, clothing, props and much more. Purchase now or register to qualify for this offer later. For more details on Poser, go to www.curiouslabs.com/go/vueoffer

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 10:20 AM

I just mentioned this offer in the below thread. Vue and Poser are a great team. I bought Vue in a similar offer fro Bryce users...I love it. Great atmosphere's, much better vegetation, DIRECT IMPORT OF POSER SCENES....including transparent items, etc...pz3 import... and with Mover, which is an addon, you have to buy it...however, if you're doing animation can import direct Poser animation to Vue.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 10:43 AM

Sorry for the double post Dave-So:-) Guitta

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 10:48 AM

I think this probably belongs in the Product showcase forum, but I'm really tempted by the offer. People get such beautiful results in Vue that it makes me envious. No wonder I'm always broke!

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 10:52 AM

Hmmm...when I go to the store, I don't see any way to get the discounted price. :( What am I missing (except my marbles)?

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 10:59 AM

file_83924.JPG

If you go to the link above you should see this:-)

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 11:00 AM

Attached Link: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/poser5offer/

Otherwise, try this link:-)

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 11:04 AM

Hi Guitta... your post is the REAL one :) mine was just a mention of it in another thread that said something about using Poser within Vue .... I think this should sit right up front in the POSER forum...for wide distribution.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 11:05 AM

Oh, I got that far without problems. But when I enter the store, it takes me to an order page that has no offer on it...just Vue at $199 and I don't see where the special is located. I go to "Click here to order" and it's just the regular store. I confuse sooooo easily.

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 11:08 AM

dialyn, go to the bottom of the page where you can directly fill out the fields to buy:-)

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 11:09 AM

Oh, I thought that was only for qualifying later. Gotcha. :) Gads, I'm stupid. I suppose this leads me into a whole new area of shopping indulgence. One thing leads to another, doesn't it? :)

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 11:10 AM

Hm! Not very well done this e-on page:-(

Firebirdz ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 2:09 PM

Gebe - I got an email of the same info. Is it worth it getting Vue Pro or this one ? I intend to use Vue for Rendering Poser scenes and of course creating environments. Thanks!

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 2:17 PM

If you like to do animations, get Vu ePro. If you only do stills but want to create new plants and use wind (wind iw great in still images too), you may get it too. I suppose you don't have yet any version of Vue, otherwise you just can update for free to Vue 4.2 if you have already Vue 4.1 Knowing your images and thinking about what you may need better,I would say to start with Vue 4.2, because when you have learned it, you always can update later. My opinion, not to follow absomutely:-) Guitta

MachineClaw ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 2:23 PM

I'm really tempted by the deal. only thing is will Vue 4.2 now import Poser 5 files? if it can finally then $99 aint a bad deal and I'll probably do it. I dont want to do it and then find out that I'd have to wait for an update that may or may not.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 2:25 PM

how much later can we get this offer if we do not want to do it now?

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 2:28 PM

MachineClaw, yes, Vue 4.2 imports perfectly Poser 5 Pz3 and PPz files:-)

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 2:29 PM

odeathoflife, it is sayd until End of November:-)

Firebirdz ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 2:31 PM

Thanks Guitta! I can't pass this offer. I have had Vue in my shopping cart for ages waiting for the right time (actually more of finding time to learn it). I saw Bryce 5 in the shop at a really rock bottom price but know that I wanted Vue all along. Chris

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 2:32 PM

even if we register? It seems that I can register for the special now but pay for it after the offer is over...?

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 2:45 PM

This register thingy is not very clear for me either. I will ask at e-onsoftware and will answer here as soon as I can. Of course, over the weekend, there is nobody in the office. So please be a little patient. Thanks, :-)Guitta

FrenchToast ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 3:54 PM

If I put that on my Wishlist will somebody go ahead and buy it for me?

Kendra ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 5:25 PM

Great timing. I've been looking at vue and debating between it and a Bryce 5 upgrade (which they're selling on ebay right now starting at 9.99) Half off sells me. :)

...... Kendra

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 8:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.dave-so.com/VUEPOSERTREES.htm

a quick example of some Vue renders..nothing special done here.. imported pz3 into Vue 4.2...and rendered...saved image and plugged into web page. These are RDNA trees by the way....

MachineClaw ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 9:23 PM

Dave very nice. I'm so so tempted by this deal. must think.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 4:40 AM

Thanks a bunch e-on for getting my hopes up; and thanks Curious Labs for failing to sort out your international price structure yet again. Sorry to inject a sour note folks, but us non-US folk still have to pay full price for Poser 5 at least: and that's much more than your full price too. Please ignore me and go back to your jubilations. grumble

Firebirdz ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 4:58 AM

hmm is Vue affected by this too ? is the 50% for international customers ?

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 5:30 AM

EnglishBob, NO!! You have the same offer! It is valid everywhere. I just have tried it for my French address (but I have Poser 5 already). The only problem with European customers, they charge 71$ for shipping to France and 100$ for shipping to Greece, a Greek Vue user told me that:-(. Vue has offices in Europe (Paris) and in the States (Beverton, Origon), no problem to get Vue:-) Guitta

akahastur ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 9:19 AM

Euh... I live in France, and I just tried to buy Vue with this offer, but the price on my screen is 258.33 EUR... Where have I to notice that I have Poser? Where have I to write the serials of Poser? Am I a dummy?!? Thanks! PAti

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 9:21 AM

I finally filled out the registration form for those who want to wait to take advantage of the offer, and I was sent to a screen that told me to contact the orders people at Vue to take advantage of the offer. I've sent them an email. Because it's the weekend, I expect I won't get a reply until Monday. I don't see the offer on the order pages of the webpage.

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 9:31 AM

akahastur, go to http://www.e-onsoftware.com/p5 Scroll down the page and click "Click here to order Vue d'Esprit 4". This brings you to a page where you have to choose EUROPE (click the Europe button inside the image). Then opens the right page with the right price, you just need to click the shopping cart icon:-) Guitta

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 9:46 AM

But that still brings you to the website that has the original price (without the discount). I'm not being trying to be argumentative or difficult, really, but I keep ending up at the same page and it offers no discount. After filling out the form for people who want to reserve the offer, the instructions were very clear about contacting the orders section in order to take advantage of the offer. Really.

AkoSteve ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 12:23 PM

I did the same thing as Dialyn. It looks to me like they don't have a link up for immediately making a discounted purchase for either site. I wonder if they let the announcment out before setting up their websites completely.

AkoSteve ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 6:37 PM

It looks fixed now. When I click to purchase from the link given above, it sends me to a different page showing only Vue4 and the correct pricing.

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 6:51 PM

Huh...I get the same page as I did before. :/

AkoSteve ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2003 at 9:40 PM

Hmm well when I clicked on the purchase link it took me to a new page where my only choice was to buy Vue 4 for either PC or Mac. Perhaps they are still working on it but it went all the way to the final purchase submission for me earlier.

GraphicFoxx ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 11:57 AM

One thing to do, is NOT choose your country from the drop-down menu, but to click on your country's name in the world graphic. If you choose your country through the dropdown, it goes to the regular store. If you click on the graphic, it takes you to the special price. I just tried it on Europe, and the price was 99Euros. I'll definitely be picking this up as well.

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 12:00 PM

THAT'S IT! Thank you, GraphicFoxx. That's exactly what was happening. I'm feeling like a dim light indeed. Sigh. I'm probably not smart enough for this software.

akahastur ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 2:43 PM

I feel ridiculous! Thanks, i just bought it! Pati

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2003 at 9:27 AM

I got an answer from e-onsoftware: If you cannot buy right now, but you will buy, you can register at e-on's site. You must register (limited time!!) before November 30, 2003 but then you can buy (and pay) later, even only in a few month. I hope you like that:-) Guitta

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2003 at 10:01 AM

Once I figured out how to get to the right purchase page, I went ahead and ordered it. :) It's a great deal, and the pre-registration is a nice touch.

Firebirdz ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 1:07 AM

Ok I JUST bought it. Just one more question - it says I got Vue 4 - I am assuming it is Vue 4.2 right :-) ?

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 3:40 AM

Firebirdz, launch your Vue copy, then click HELP-->ABOUT VUE D'ESPRIT from the top menu. This shows you the exact version you have. Guitta

Firebirdz ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 3:50 AM

I think I got to wait for my copy to arrive :-) I just ordered it few hours ago. My hunch is that it is the latest version or at least the Version 4 which gets the 4.2 upgrade free.

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 3:58 AM

Normally it should be already 4.2 (as far as I have heared from others). But anyhow the updgrades are always free:-)

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 6:25 PM

It's the 4.2 version.

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 6:29 PM

Nice dialyn:-). So we will see you maybe soon in the Vue forum? Welcome! Guitta

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.