Sun, Oct 6, 5:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: How we started using Bryce

Kate ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 5:00 AM Ā· edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 4:37 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=107&Form.ShowMessage=1539230

file_85631.jpg

or how to shame oneself in front of the Bryce forum...I read with interest the attached link.... "does Bryce make plastic renders?" So here is one of MY first Bryce renders that I not only kept but SHOWED people to say how wonderful the program is....LOL...good grief....how a few years can change a person..........

Kate ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 5:08 AM

I forgot to mention...circa 1999

vasquez ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 5:38 AM

ehi looks nice my first attempt was not so good!

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 6:09 AM

file_85632.jpg

Well, this was my first. It actually lives in my bryce gallery on my website... sort of a "this is where I started at" kind of memory.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 6:54 AM

Umm... real early 2001 I think.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Gog ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 7:09 AM

file_85633.jpg

Well this was about my 3rd bryce render, Bryce 2 straight after it was released. (Last time I mentioned how long I've been playing with 3d (not just bryce - on another forum) I had several people point out to me they were still in primary school :-( )

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Gog ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 7:11 AM

file_85634.jpg

And this was the one that followed, (having read Peter Shrpes Tut on waterfalls....

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Dragonsbld ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 7:15 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_85635.jpg

I use to have my first render, but not anymore.. sorry, it wasn't much.. but i do have this demon above, which was my first time ever using bryce and poser together..(which would accually make it my 4th render with bryce)

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 11:25 AM

file_85636.jpg

I thought I'd throw in my 2c's worth.Thought I had lost this one.My first one,made on a free trial download of bryce about 18mths ago.Its only in the last few mths that I have been really able to get stuck into learning the program and that looks like its going to be a long process. Cheers GG.

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 11:55 AM

file_85637.jpg

I first had an early version of Bryce as a freebie on a magazine. I think it couldn't export the saved pictures without a watermark (which you can see on this one). Can't remember when this was made, but it was a few years ago. Enough fun to make me get a full copy, which I guess was the idea of the demo.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
WebsiteĀ 
Facebook

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 11:57 AM

file_85638.jpg

Found another early picture too... This is great, looking back to see how much I've improved (or no as the case may be). This was based on the Dark Tower.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
WebsiteĀ 
Facebook

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 12:39 PM

file_85639.jpg

I don't have any really early ones to hand, but this is the first I did using poser figs in Bryce. poser 3 and bryce 3. I keep meaning to redo this image and see how much better I could make it now.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 1:03 PM

file_85640.jpg

My very first, just sticking something onscreen, so I could click the render button, lol. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

amethyss ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 1:18 PM

file_85641.jpg

I remember my first and have everything on CD.What a surprise to have such a fantastic program!

Painting: The art of protecting flat surfaces from the weather and exposing them to the critic_____website

danamo ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 1:49 PM

I read a review of Bryce in our local paper's Tech section and it showed an illustration of what Bryce could do. I was immediately intrigued! A month later I was working at my job shipping discount software for a now defunct online retailer(lets call it "Humpty Dumpty" 'cause it had a great fall)and I stumbled across a copy of Bryce2! After my employee discount the cost was just $12 U.S!(Bryce3 was already out)I snapped it up, and then realised that it might be a good idea to actually buy a computer to run it on.

So good old Bryce was responsible for introducing me not only to 3D art, but to the world of computers too. Sorry to say that I don't have a copy of any of my earliest stuff. That was seven computers ago and I had no concept at that time what a back-up was! I will say that many of your first efforts totally smoked what I did back then!

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 3:03 PM

file_85642.jpg

OK, how disgusted do you want to be...?

Ive just found a whole collection of my old images. My god, these really suck...

How about a green alien...

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 3:39 PM

Well, I guess they won't steal that one! (grin)

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 3:53 PM

LOL

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

RobertJ ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 4:09 PM

file_85643.jpg

The oldest one i could find, made this one somewhere in 1999, on a 16mb PI 75, 800mb & 1gb harddisk :)

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

corys311 ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 4:11 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=434644&Start=1&Artist=corys311&ByArtist=Yes

Here's mine... Used a lightning Photoshop tutorial I found somewhere. Some canoe model I got on a cd given to me. Since then, I've really gone against using predone models, other than Poser figures. I like to do it all myself. Anyway, that image was made recently, in June, so I think I've really progressed. Cory BS

ocddoug ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 5:24 PM

My early ones have all been erased thank god. But trust me when I say they absolutely SUCKED! LOL..

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 5:34 PM

file_85644.jpg

they killed kenny! (my first render-feb 2000- since then the metaball blood was added for fun)

Erlik ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 7:11 PM

file_85645.jpg

Heh. I got my hands on Bryce 5 at the magazine I write for, because the idea was that somebody completely inexperienced in 3D writes a review of it. You can see the result, with Poser 3 figures. BTW, I got the Poser a week before Bryce. I even know the exact date, 14/02/2002.

-- erlik

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 8:20 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=94004

Aye, I can't find any of my oldest Bryce 3D (It Moves!) files, but here's some early works from my "rookie" 'Rosity ID... (darkelf420) This is the first thing I ever did with Bryce 5, the demo version, the day it was released I believe! Notice how the roots are just chillin, not going ANYWHERE! (laughs at self!)

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 9:15 PM

Wasn't there an older thread on this theme?

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Elsina ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 1:36 AM

file_85646.jpg

Oh horrible to see my old work.:-))Early 2001. (didn't make the top 20, LOL)

My gallery @ Renderosity

Kate ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 4:59 AM

I think there have been many posts like this one Incarnadine :) but it's still fun to see these OLD pics...I'm so very glad most users started out the same way......and now look, with a little time and patience we have the images in the Top 20 .....wow

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 8:49 AM

file_85647.jpg

Well, I'm not seeing any images here that are as bad as my beginning ones, lol. Some of these are even better than what I still do. But its still fun looking back. Ok I found one called "firsttreelandwater" I also saw a lot of my challenge entries that also scream 'beginner!' LOL.

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 8:52 AM

It also might be fun to start another thread where we try to recreate these old images (I doubt I still have this bryce scene saved) only do it using our current skills and see the difference between the two side by side. :)

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 10:00 AM

Hey that sounds like a fun idea. Sort of a challenge with a difference.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

tonylynch ( ) posted Fri, 28 November 2003 at 7:07 PM

file_85649.jpg

This was one of my first images with Bryce 2.0 in Feb 1997. Up until that time, I'd only tinkered around a bit with POV-Ray and Vistapro (DOS version). Tony

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.