Sun, Oct 6, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Caffiene Overload

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 3:59 PM ยท edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 5:08 PM

file_85485.JPG

A man can only take so much coffee and frustration. The object in the image I sketched is critical to my next project,the cylinder bits are not a problem but the offset cam bit has been driving me nuts as I try to build it in Amapi,(free version),I can get the shape ok using an arc and an interpolated curve,I have even been able to extrude to the right thickness but I have been totally unable to get a mesh across the sides so that it will render as a solid.All the rest of the project can be done in Bryce it's just this one itty-bit. Must add that I'm a total beginner in Amapi,I also have Truespace 3.2,(free ver)but I know nothing about how to use that either. Any Tut's,help or suggestions will stop me from going completely madmadmadmadmadmad!!!!????~~~~~.... Cheers GG

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 7:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.wings3d.com

oh my..you are in a state..;) (I have the same programs,,;). What about Booleans? maybe take a cylinder perpendicular from the plane, and subtract it to the edge of the cam? I dunno..;) If you want a free 3d program that's easier than Truespace (boy am I being mean tonite..;), there's Wings 3d, URL above. hmm..in Wings' I'd probably just take a torus, carve off the excess into 2 semi-taurii..scale it to flatten it, maybe include a cylinder for the center(but you already have that). If you're just starting out in Amapi and Truespace, look for tutorials, which are a good place to start..borrow and steal what you need from them, drop by the forums here.(I don't know about Truespace, but Amapi forum here isn't as lively as it once was). But we'll all try to be helpful, regardless of the forum.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 8:07 PM

file_85486.JPG

here's my attempt, about a half hour's work. The cylinder's easy, you can scale and extrude to get the necessary shape (or even stack cylinders). The arms are a torus, cut into fourths, then rotated (flipped in this package) to get into position. Then the sides are flattened, and the edges scaled down (ends) or up (the center), then the vertical edges are smoothed to make the curve more convincing..hope this helps.

Ornlu ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 9:51 PM

I'd think that the best way to do the blades would be a spline projection of some sort. The center is easily booleaned. If you want, when I get back to school next week Ill help you out. Don't have a lot on my laptop though.

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 11:59 PM

You could also use a terrain for the whole thing and be done with it already.

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 2:47 AM

Oh boy!! Bring on the coffee,another something new to learn.And no, Bryceing is not a nocturnal tropical fever,is it possums^^^%%$%##^*$#$%)_itsnotnonononot. Cheers GG.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 9:38 AM

yeah, try what Ornlu suggests, he is my padawan master..I can't tell a spline from a nurb..;)

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 3:46 PM

NURBS - if I remember correctly are Non-Uniform Rational Bezier Splines. Caffiene overload - is that possible?! I am currently CDD! (Caffeine Deficient Disorder) This could indeed be done in Bryce as a terrain object/symetrical lattice. There are some good thread with tips on doing that here.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 4:34 PM

file_85487.JPG

I made this simple object in wings by modeling the right half, then flipping and mirroring it to the left. here is the download link: http://www.3dfightclub.com/~madmax/uploads/cogpiece.zip (99k, zipped 3ds file, 4000 polygons)

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2003 at 5:29 PM

Max You are a little ripper,thanks so much for the download,exactly what Needed. I now have my own copy of wings to play with. Cheers I owe you one GG.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.