Fri, Sep 20, 9:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: CYMK & BUM conversions

Nance ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2000 at 9:05 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:33 PM

file_131909.JPG

**Anime786** had asked below whether to convert images to B/W prior to creating to BUM files: ("Bump Map Question?? Can someone answer this question for me?). I tried a test, and to my surprise, discovered that when converting a full color image to the .bum bitmap format, Poser only uses the Black channel of the image's CYMK color separation -- so any color info other than B&W will be eliminated in the conversion. (my site is screwed up so I had to reply up here to include the image.)

brschmidt ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2000 at 9:12 PM

Ahhh... that explains a few things I've had trouble with. I just love this forum and little golden nuggets like this! THANK YOU!!!

LoboUK ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 4:39 AM

Cool, that also explains a few things for me as well - lol. Thanks for the info Paul

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 9:09 AM

I saw an interesting thread over at Willow's PFO about using unconverted BUM maps - you create a BMP image, rename it a BUM image, and it does some interesting things with the color channels - ALL of them!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.