Sat, Sep 21, 12:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 11:15 am)

Subject: just found new type in comand

skee ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 9:24 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:57 AM

I just found that if I type in "po2 or po3" I get a new interface screen. I think it is a cleaner look. Did everyone but me know about this? Great dails and layout. skee

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

picnic ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 9:27 AM

Skee, I didn't--but what made you type in those particular letters/numbers anyhow??--I would have never stumbled on those--even if I let the monkey sit here at my keyboard for days and days LOL.

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 9:32 AM

yep that is the old Poser version 2 interface. Nice if you want a retro look :)

LoboUK ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 9:33 AM

Sorry to disappoint you skee, but those are fairly well known. They switch the interface to the Poser 2 (po2) or Poser 3 (po3) style interfaces. Still, keep on playing, you never know what else we might find :) Paul

dwilmes ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 9:36 AM

That's a well-known one, sorry! It was left in for two reasons: 1) to help in debugging the P4 interface during developement 2) for those who preferred the old P3 interface It also has the side effect of unlocking a crashed Poser -- sometimes. I think it is even in the manual. Dan

Ede ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 9:38 AM

great! i think the p4 interface sucks meta should have spend more time in features than heavy graphical interfaces -Ede

skee ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 9:39 AM

always the last to know. I saw the po2 in an early thead. I'm still pushing keys. skee

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Philodox ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 9:56 AM

You're right, Ede, that is better... does the poser 2 interface have the same capability as the poser 4 one?

picnic ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 10:10 AM

Skee--I now do faintly remember a discussion about this--but it flew by me LOL. I was thinking about the typing of 'hair' into Poser and voila'---so was thinking you must be sitting there typing away--hoping for some discovery LOL.

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 10:23 AM

There is a train of thought that follows the idea that if you give enough monkeys a typewriter and are prepared to wait long enough they will eventually produce the complete works of Shakespear. The internet has proved this theory to be erroneous :) PhilC www.philc.net

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 10:38 AM

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times"...

Thorne ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 12:11 PM

An infinite number of monkeys on an infinite number of keyboards might not ever even spell 'Shakespeare'. An infinite number of odd numerals will never contain an even one- so there are infinities, and then there are bigger infinities that might not necessarily contain any of those other infinities. However, if the monkeys kept every letter combination that actually fit, and continued from there each time, they would soon write all the works of somebody, and it progresses exponentially. Evolution works sort of like that, rather than just "random chance". Something that works gets kept, something that doesn't gets tossed. But I'm thinking you are going to need an infinite number of bananas to feed your infinite number of monkeys. And an infinite number of banana trees, and an infinite number of scholars to infinitely check and see which monkey has completed "As You Like It"... I heard one monkey even wrote Romeo and Juliet with a happy ending, so they fired him. I'm so confused. =};o}>

Ikyoto ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 12:46 PM

...and an infinite number of people to clean up all the monkey shit...

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 1:20 PM

Poser 4's layout is the best so far, at least in my book. -Colt

willf ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 1:21 PM

Thorne- How would the monkeys know which letters "fit" and therefore retain them? The play hadn't been written yet.

Thorne ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 2:07 PM

Because when letters fit, they get to continue to live and reproduce more monkeys that also already know those letters :o) Monkeys that don't, they die out along with their bad spelling and faulty spelling genes. Soon we have lots of monkeys that spell very well. The "fit" therefore is analogous to those traits in monkeys that allow them a competitive edge in the game, whether the game of survival or the game of "Let's write all of Shakespeare's Plays". The "play" is being written every single day and "all the world's a stage", to quote some monkey.

dunga ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 2:40 PM

full list of all poser keyboard commands, please?

dunga ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 2:42 PM

full list of all poser keyboard commands, please?

arcady ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 3:00 PM

The problem is that the internet isn't using monkey's. It's using apes... I saw we get a few million monkey's in here to get some quality work produced.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

Thorne ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 4:41 PM

Ha! I thought it was turkeys! Maybe that explains that smell emanating from my compu... oh, never mind. So that's what happened to my jelly sandwich...

bclough ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 5:01 PM

I had mice stash left over French Fries in my computer once!

dethblud ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 5:12 PM

wow, amazing! the display changed, and it was nifty!

dunga ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2000 at 10:49 PM

I guess some of you guys DON't understand the MEANING of the forum,huh? its not about ZOOLOGY or even primate behaviour, its about TRYING to use your brains and heart to help others when they ask for help.

Eshal ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2000 at 4:01 AM

Heya Dunga, To answer your question I think so far the only words to have any effect in poser appart from the normal Alt,Cntl Etc ones are : Hair which brings up the leftover hair plugin experiment and po2,po3..or just 3,po4 or just 4 which change the look of the interface on poser. As for any others your guess is as good as mine:) We will have to just type and find out for ourselves grin Regards Eshal

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.