Sun, Oct 6, 11:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Names - bored and things going through my mind...

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2003 at 12:30 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:20 AM

Painter, photoshop, poser, all make sense. But where there hell did the name Bryce come from?

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Aldaron ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2003 at 12:32 PM

It's a canyon in the US and since Bryce started as just a landscaping tool......wala Bryce :)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2003 at 12:33 PM

Oh, is that it? That's quite a let down. But thanks anyway.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

rickymaveety ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2003 at 1:06 PM

If you ever saw Bryce Canyon you would not use the word "letdown" to describe it or anything inspired by it. It is some of the most fantastic landscape on the planet. I think the name fits the program well.

Could be worse, could be raining.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2003 at 1:17 PM

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that the canyon wasn't impressive. I don't what I was expecting the origin of the name to be. I just thought maybe there would be a longer explanation. I've just looked up some pictures of the canyon and it is indeed very impressive, even in small pictures, so in person must be amazing. I feel a trip to Utah coming on, once I've moved to the US.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2003 at 8:06 PM

Susan Kitchens and the gang over from early Brycedom together with Metacreations all use to have annual 2 week Bryce camp trips to such locations. I remember always wanting to go but I was always busy working and couldn't. I've heard they had some great times.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2003 at 8:52 PM

Actually it's a code word for the Bavarian Illuminati to open the 7 seals, with the introduction of Bryce 6, the ragnarok begins. The countersign is 'superfine'..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2003 at 9:23 PM

Then the Illuminati, the Bilderbergers, most members of the Tri-Lateral commision, Vice-president Cheney and all the other Reptilians and their hybrid offspring, will go and seal themselves in their deep underground bases. Then they will let loose the genetically modified plagues and wait out the "kill-shot" solar flare that will extinct most terrestrial species, including any unshielded humans. After 90% of the human population is wiped out, and the "all-clear" is sounded, the Illuminati and their ilk will emerge and find that they have all the elbow-room they desire. (Of course, it's only a rumour).

danamo ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 1:25 AM

(Joking, of course) *just playing off of pakled's riff, and embellishing a bit.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 7:58 AM

knew I forgot something..;) the first 100 copies were delivered by black helicopters..just ask Art Bell..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

rickymaveety ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 10:56 AM

Oh Quest, you did miss some good times. Bryce Camps are a hoot!! (And you learn a lot too.) I hope there will be another ... maybe not, but you never know. There's nothing quite like being in a room with 30 other Brycers (for about 12-18 hours each day) doing renders, learning from the staff and from each other (Ken Musgrave giving Mojoworld demos in the evening). I went to Denver and Sedona and all I can say is FUN!!! (And the best part is getting to ride in the black helicopters.)

Could be worse, could be raining.

Quest ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 4:20 PM

LOL...I just knew I missed myself a good helicopter ride. Of course my work with Echelon didn't allow me enough time to go "ilking" around.

danamo ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 3:20 AM

I like seeing Black Helicopters occasionally, so to get Echelon's attention I'll slip certain key words into my phone conversations. Words like kilo, Osama, Sadam, Area 51, shadow government and Project Vorta tend to elicit really good responses.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.