Tue, Sep 24, 7:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: November Gallery is now up!

retrocity ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 3:52 PM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 7:20 AM

Well, the November Challenge Gallery is up for your viewing. i'd like to thank all the members (yep, all three of them) that took the challenge and created a CD cover for the band The Sock Monkeys...

I'll add the next group and genre tomorrow morning (if anyone is interested).

Have a Great Day,

:)
retrocity

ache_n_sole ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 9:58 PM

Aww CRAP! I did one but wasn't able to upload in time. Oh well can I post it anyway?

~Anna~

retrocity ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 10:04 PM

Hi Anna,
sure no prob, but i can't add it to the gallery, sorry... thanks for taking part though, and we'll be doing a "Banner Contest" this month, so if you want to give that a shot...

retrocity

ache_n_sole ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 10:26 PM

file_86961.jpg

Here's my entry, late as always.

~Anna~

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 5:18 AM

I was REALLY inspired by the MTV Europe Awards, which featured a Monkey and I even searched for suitable dictator pics, but as you know it did not result in an entry. This time you can count on me. It was a bizzy month that only lasted two weeks (well, that's how I experienced it). I should be the last to NOT send in stuff for a nice initiative like this. I am deeply ashamed. Maybe this month I will be able to slow down time.

bevchiron ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:38 AM

Looking good Scott, I'm sure this is going to grow each month. I'll do my best to get out of lurk mode & give the next one a go too ; )
(I still have no idea what a sock monkey is lol!)

Cool image Anna, scary but cool!

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

retrocity ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 1:06 PM

file_86962.jpg

@Bev, sock monkeys were homemade stuffed animals that were made from hunting socks. these socks had a red heel the was used for the mouth. they probably came about when some "grandmotherly" person looking at the sock thought it would make a neat doll or someting, and so, sock monkeys were made!! (*literally... no pun intended*)

here's a "cheatsheet on how to make one..."

scott

bevchiron ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 1:11 PM

ROFL! Well now I'm wiser & finally we get to see you too! ; D

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 3:49 AM

Ah. So THAT is a sock monkey. Smelly little bastards, aren't they?

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 12:28 PM

Well, there were a lot of good ideas submitted. I had laid in bed on several different nights and thought about what I could enter, decided I couldn't do what I wanted to do well enough, and then as time grew near, decided it would be better spent doing something else (AND not embarrassing myself in yet another forum...I've entered some contests before and never gotten a single vote so after a while, you begin to get a hint...LOL).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.