Fri, Sep 20, 10:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Newbie question about P5 material room

IndigoSplash ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 3:45 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:41 PM
  1. Is there a way to apply the textures from the body map on all the relevant parts at once or does it have to be selected one at a time (which gets annoying!).

2. Is there a quick way to revert a texture back to the default...like, say if I was messing around with the eyeball material and accidentally made my model look like a Stepford wife (oops), can I get the original properties of the material back without starting over? :)

Thanks for any help...people who trash Poser as being too easy (as in "a couple clicks and render a masterpiece") are full of crap, LOL.

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 4:04 PM
  1. You can right click and hit "select all". You can then either a) right click again and hit "apply to all" which will just apply it to, well, all texture groups (not very useful for human models like V3) or b) right click and select "copy" and then go to each material zone, right click and paste. Time consuming. I have favourite textures that I use again and again and I have set these up as P5 materials in the library (because I fiddle a lot with skin specularity and other shaders...) 2. When you go to the image map browse window, above the button which says "Browse" is the name of the current map. Next to it is a little arrow. Click on the arrow and it opens a list of all materials used in this Poser scene (since the start of the session). However it won't remember any other material settings like ambient, highlights, etc. Sometimes I find it easier just to start again or revert back to the last save. Hope that makes sense...

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

whoopdat ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 4:14 PM

I was under the impression that for your first question a MAT file would be the answer, but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, exactly.

As for the second, I think karen covered that. I don't know of a faster way, sorry.

I've been using P5 for some time now (almost to the point of exclusion), but I'm still learning a lot of its intracacies.

IndigoSplash ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 9:30 PM

Thank you so much for your responses! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.