Tue, Oct 1, 9:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Sixus1-freestuff..kin I buy a clue?..;)

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 7:45 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:26 PM

Sixus1 has almost a dozen primo characters in Freestuff..conditions being you join his site. Did so. Went into the site; I can find discussions on the items mentioned, I can find the same items for sale, but I can't find the freebies themselves. I did read the FAq. Now I know Sixus1 has put out a lot of good models for free, so I know this isn't a bait and switch, but I'm scratching my head here. I'm posting here, because I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Either
a) They're not actually free? (don't think that's the case)
b) There's some arcane command or secret handshake? (possibly)
c) I have to be 'vetted' first, then everything becomes clear (likely). Just wondering, like your stuff a lot, don't want to sound greedy (this from someone with 12,000+ items downloaded..;) but inquiring minds want to know. I'll take my answer off-line if necessary, but I'm hoping this will save you some headaches..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

sandoppe ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 7:54 PM

They're free....just sometimes difficult to find :) Go to this location: http://www.sixus1.com/Forum/ Scroll way to the bottom and click on the "Freebies" section. Join the "Project Human" section (more freebies there) and the "Community Project"....you'll find some there. Last of all, click on "News and Updates", as there are often free things listed there. If you still can't find a specific item you're looking for, post a message at the "news and updates" forum....Rebekkah is good at responding and will point you to the right spot. No "bait and switch" at Sixus.....ever :)

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 7:59 PM

If you go to the site, click on original poser4/5 figures and a new window opens. Scroll down to near the bottom it says downloads and under it freebies click on the picture of yoda and there they are! I think that they should redesign their site, that is the only thing I don`t like about it. I had the same trouble when I first went there.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 8:00 PM

Before I posted my answer sandoppes answer wasnt even there!

sandoppe ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 8:07 PM

That happens Xantor :) We must have been typing at the same time! I do agree about their site, but their products are great :)

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 8:14 PM

you also need to now the secret handshake and the author of the necromicon.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 8:15 PM

should have been necronomicon

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 8:46 PM

Sorry about the confusion at the site....the index page is non-poser specific because we do other things too :) I will see about a slight redesign on the site....but don't hold me to it. ;) Rebekah

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2003 at 8:51 PM

Attached Link: Direct link

here is the link to the Freebies, but if won't do you anygood unless you are logged in :)

mondoxjake ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 12:27 AM

This is a good point here, a lot of new people don't realize that there are a lot of sites that don't have a dedicated freebie board set up. Many sites now have the freebies posted in message threads in there forums and often people overlook some unique items by not visiting the forumes. Most sites do tag the particular forum as 'Gifts' or 'Free Items' or some such...others do not.

Merlin ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 2:50 PM

Hm... Did i miss something ? I thought that seeing all these wonderful characters for free would have brought here hundreds of thank you posts, and the only thing i see is this thread ? Talk about gratitude. But well, since it's the only post, then here we are : THANK YOU SIXUS1 !!!! You're doing a really wonderful job, and giving away all these models is amazing.

sixus1 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 3:56 PM

Hey, thanks ;) The freebies have been there for awhile, but I decided to list them in the freebies in case anyone missed them....umm.....they are certainly being seen now :) If you create any renders or animations with the figures be sure to post them on our site....Les loves to see what people do with them. Also, if you create any freebies for our products or freebies....let me know and I can host them for you. :) Later, Rebekah Garner Sixus1 Media

mondoxjake ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 4:05 PM

In ref Merlin post: I am a regular at sixus1 site and always leave my thank you there when grabbing a goodie...just an oversight not to repeat on the thread. So in echo: Thank you sixus1 for all the great stuff, both free and store items, that you have provided for us.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 10:33 PM

Just wanted to say thanks. I do appreciate the freebies..and now I have a goodly many of them. Even have one of your dragons from the Poser 3 CD on one of the British mags..;) thanks again for the quick response.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

sixus1 ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 10:45 PM

Thanks for checking out our stuff. We hope to see you all and the small horde of others who have came to our site recently creatint some interseting imagery with what we've offered and maybe even to show your faces around our site from time to time! Thanks again to everyone for the support and praise. It's nice to have remarks like the ones here; gives me that big awkward swell of pride and makes my cheeks go all red. Nice to have your work appreciated. :) -Les

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.