Sat, Sep 21, 6:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Multiple Suns, Moons & exporting .obp files

zxcv ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2000 at 7:22 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:53 PM

Hi, everyone: Couple of "quick" questions :)- (1) I'm attempting to do some "alien" landscapes with more than one sun or moon in the sky. I've had some luck with the moons using "boolean" crescents, but these are only believeable when the sky is "cloudless." In other words, how do I get my "suns" and "moons" up ABOVE the clouds? (2) I understand one CANNOT export .obj files out of Bryce, only .obp files. Is there ANY way to convert an .obp model or shape into a format I could use in Poser? Thanks!! Kayma (zxcv)

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2000 at 7:58 PM

Hi Kayma, Rather than use the sky presets, try using a cloud "plane" and position your suns/moons behind the cloud plane. Caligula has an exportable primatives pack that you could likely export and use in Poser. although You would not be able to export the cloud plane. or perhaps you could just render the sky and planets in Bryce and use that image as a background in Poser. good luck. Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

clay ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 12:21 AM

On the crescent planets/moons you could use a transaprency setting, look at some of my images and e-mail me if you want to know more, or I could send ya basic preset that you can make any planet texture from:-)

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

Caligula ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 12:54 AM

Thanks for the kind words Hawkfyr! Another suggestion would be to make various skies with the sun and moon in different positions. Then export the rendered images, composit them into one master sky. Then use the sky as a backdrop in Poser. Sarah

jstawarz2 ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 11:39 AM

Or import everything from Poser in Bryce and use a double exposure type effect. This is necessary when it's a double sun (think Tatooine in Star Wars) and you want to account for shadows properly.. Render the scene with the sun in one position. MOVE ONLY THE SUN and then render again with the sun in the second position. Composite in photoeditor of choice. The same could be done for moons. Also, Bryce WILL export OBJ's (sort of). On any items that have the E(dit) command that doesn't take you into the Terrain Editor (don't know if it'll work there), press CTRL-D (Command-D on a Mac, I think) and it'll export. No primitives or booleans will export. It's more of an Easter Egg than actual functionality. :P Something they were working on and it got pulled for one reason or another. John

lilmikee ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 4:21 PM

Something I have done a few times also is literaly increase the size of teh sun or moons to very large size and move up and out in the atmosphere.......really scale teh size proportionally what it should be at. Basically make extremely large planets and place way back and up in your scene. That way the moons will be high in the atmosphere. Happy Rendering, Michael

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 4:25 PM

I've also had some success using a visible light as my "Second Sun". I made a Tattooine scene that uses this idea. It worked well for what I needed...I guess there's a lot of ways to get the effect. Don't know about the obp thing but the rest of the gang seem to have good ideas on how to deal with it. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.